The NEW new panel

donkaye

Very capable and beautiful panel Steve. Enjoy! I was planning to go the txi route myself but last minute decided to wait the few months till Oshkosh to see what comes out. I predict Garmin will roll out a certified G3X touch! 

If they were going to do that, they would have done it before releasing TXi?
They do have a pricing problem with the 7”, this came up on BT.
With Aspen latest developments they may need to discount the 7”.
I don’t see them doing it unless they handicap the G3X in some way so not to compete with the TXI.

Tom
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

I don’t see them doing it unless they handicap the G3X in some way so not to compete with the TXI.

Well, have they met their goals with the txi? How many have they sold at its price point? I don't know the answer but I do think Garmin is about providing us with options. It would be great for airframes whose hull value is at or below what they want for the txi!

Edited by m20kmooney

I suspect the G3X system might be available to us once Dynon finally gets their cheaper system to market in a major way. They're having problems it seems getting over the finish line, and with installation partners IMO. If/when they're successful, Garmin will counter with something cheaper, but in the mean time they'll continue with the expensive TXi system for folks wanting to upgrade now. That system was years late from their original planning and I'm sure they want to squeeze every nickel they can out of us to recoup their costs.

My speculation only.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Well, have they met their goals with the txi? How many have they sold at its price point? I don't know the answer but I do think Garmin is about providing us with options. It would be great for airframes whose hull value is at or below what they want for the txi!

You think they would have learned from the G5, and gone the G3X route, but they didn’t.
Even Dynon appears to be going big with Skyview system around $25,000.
Oh well...

Tom

3 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

You think they would have learned from the G5, and gone the G3X route, but they didn’t.
Even Dynon appears to be going big with Skyview system around $25,000.
Oh well...

Tom

I think they would price it sufficiently lower than the txi. But at 25k I would definitely go Garmin anything over Dynon, BK or Aspen. Personal preference.

Edited by m20kmooney

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 5:09 PM, Steve Skinner said:

Currently due to the fuel flow being at least 220% out it keeps telling me I’ve got none.

@Steve Skinner Did your avioincs shop ever fix this?  A pilot can only adjust fuel flow via calibration +/- 15%.

Your shop did not set the K factor when they setup your fuel flow gauge.  Have them look at page 5-67 of the G500 TXi Installation Manual.  There is a table of K Factors for the various fuel flow sensors.   Once they enter the K factor appropriate for your sensor in the fuel flow gauge setup page, it should be pretty close and you then you can fine tune it with the Pilot calibration with actual consumptions.

I also noticed you don’t have fuel pressure on your EIS strip.  Is that purposeful?