When in doubt.....Keep it simple.

GLJA

Had an alternator belt issue last week. Got it all fixed up, and started the engine for a test run. My annunciations lit up like an a Christmas tree. Like EVERY SINGLE ONE! 

Shut down and spoke with my AME. Figuered it was a low voltage, low battery, or maybe the belt was too loose and creating charging surges/ not charging. Still didn’t make sense to me. So, went back and tried again. Same thing. 

Managed to get AME over to the plane today to check it all out again. Belt was fine, no other issues. Tells me to crawl in and flip the Master. “You should see EXACTLY what you would when flying when you switch it on.” 

(CLICK)- Merry Christmas. Lights everywhere. As he crawls in, I decide to check one more thing.... that’s the moment I realize that the “Push To Test” button isn’t like a ball point pen. You don’t push in to test, then push again to have it turn off. You have to PULL it off. 

Well, at least I know all the bulbs work! (Facepalm)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Had an alternator belt issue last week. Got it all fixed up, and started the engine for a test run. My annunciations lit up like an a Christmas tree. Like EVERY SINGLE ONE! 

Shut down and spoke with my AME. Figuered it was a low voltage, low battery, or maybe the belt was too loose and creating charging surges/ not charging. Still didn’t make sense to me. So, went back and tried again. Same thing. 

Managed to get AME over to the plane today to check it all out again. Belt was fine, no other issues. Tells me to crawl in and flip the Master. “You should see EXACTLY what you would when flying when you switch it on.” 

(CLICK)- Merry Christmas. Lights everywhere. As he crawls in, I decide to check one more thing.... that’s the moment I realize that the “Push To Test” button isn’t like a ball point pen. You don’t push in to test, then push again to have it turn off. You have to PULL it off. 

Well, at least I know all the bulbs work! (Facepalm)

Isn't that a horrible feeling when alarms go off? ;)

Maybe you should get that test button cleaned or something.  Mine does have a spring, so you have to hold it down to test, and when you let go the lights should turn off.

15 hours ago, Yetti said:

It's a momentary on button.   .... yours is not functioning properly

Tested it this morning when I put the preheater on the engine.... it does spring in and out. Not sure why it stuck when it did.