Anyone with Bravo or Ovation near KDMW

Captdav1

All,

Looking for someone with either a Bravo or Ovation near Carroll County KDMW who I could take a quick peek.  Thinking of letting go of my Saratoga II TC for a number of reasons but have no experience with the long body Mooney's so wanted to see if I really really wanted to give up my spacious six seats.

Would appreciate the chance to take a look.

Captdav1

27 minutes ago, Captdav1 said:

All,

Looking for someone with either a Bravo or Ovation near Carroll County KDMW who I could take a quick peek.  Thinking of letting go of my Saratoga II TC for a number of reasons but have no experience with the long body Mooney's so wanted to see if I really really wanted to give up my spacious six seats.

Would appreciate the chance to take a look.

Captdav1

You are close enough to Weber's up in Lancaster, PA that it might be worthwhile to fly up there and check out the planes they have on the field. @Danb has a Bravo over at KILG.

I'm based at KRMN now and go to N71 from time to time.  You are welcome to stop by and take a look at my ovation.  In my opinion, the Ovation is at least as spacious if not more in the front.  Of course, the back is a lot smaller.  Its very comfortable in the back seats.  Mine do recline and there is plenty of space back there.  But its really a three person plane when equipped with options particularly TKS (which I have).

The Coolest thing about a Bravo...

Same engine as the Saratoga TC, but way faster...

Having seat 5&6 is great if you use them. Not so great for flying around solo...

I only did about 5 minutes of research to see what Dave was going to see.

If you are not going to fly in the O2 levels, the Ovation is great!

For trying on for size, the Bravo and Ovation are very much alike. Dan’s is an excellent example!

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing it.  My only concern is that most of the Bravo's or Ovations I have seen advertised are G1000 non WAAS units which I am leery of.  Coming from a GNS-530W which is just a stable workhorse which when needed fly's me down to LPV minimums, not sure I want to venture down the path of never to have WAAS on the G1000.

Dav1,

Garmin has provided various systems to add WAAS capability to the G1000 ships by swapping out the non-WAAS boxes with updated versions...

The biggest challenge was the certification of the system included Mooney in the mix.  The follow-up challenge was the updates may not be available any longer.... so many details, hard to remember them all...

Many G1000 systems got updated.

Just be sure there is a path forwards for the ship you select.  

Take a look at early Long Bodies that are adding G500txi systems... big screens, WAAS supported, really nice...

PP thoughts only, not an instrument tech...

Best regards,

-a-