AZ Mooney

aaronwalkerx

It was 1991 when my flight instructor looked up at the airplane coming in for landing and said, that’s a Mooney, those are a really nice, clean birds.  The seed was planted…

I have just come back from 17 years off from flying.  Medical, flight review, and now working on instrument.  I plan to wrap up instrument rating early next year, get out of Phoenix for a good chunk of the summer, then maybe be ready to purchase a Mooney next fall.  Most likely M20C but occasionally I start looking at E, F, J, then Ovation… it is a slippery slope.  Probably a C.

To that end, I would love to see some different models.  Let me know if you can sympathize with my addiction and have time to show me yours.  I am in Tempe, AZ.

Thanks!

I feel your pain. I had an M20E for a while and sold it before I had to go overseas. A few years later and I recently went to purchase a plane. I knew i wanted the larger cabin, so i started searching for an F... I bought a K model! I love it and am happy I did, but that slippery slope is real. 

All that said, I'm convinced that perfect aircraft picks you and you'll end up with a great one! 

12 hours ago, aaronwalkerx said:

It was 1991 when my flight instructor looked up at the airplane coming in for landing and said, that’s a Mooney, those are a really nice, clean birds.  The seed was planted…

I have just come back from 17 years off from flying.  Medical, flight review, and now working on instrument.  I plan to wrap up instrument rating early next year, get out of Phoenix for a good chunk of the summer, then maybe be ready to purchase a Mooney next fall.  Most likely M20C but occasionally I start looking at E, F, J, then Ovation… it is a slippery slope.  Probably a C.

To that end, I would love to see some different models.  Let me know if you can sympathize with my addiction and have time to show me yours.  I am in Tempe, AZ.

Thanks!

I will be heading out to Chandler Monday after work If you want to see a J.