A new failure mode

9 hours ago, Shiny moose said:

I would recheck your seatbelts( not trying to offend) most are adjustable(how would you change the clasp if it was bad??) , if yours are interfering with your gear operation then they are not  meeting standards

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC21-34.pdf

Normally the bar doesn't interfere with anything.  Like I said, it was big winter coats that caused the whole snafu.  I don't see how the belts could be other than they are, since the shoulder strap has to go all the way around you to securely hold you in.  I'll take the occasional gear snafu to having my features rearranged in a crash landing.  Happened to a friend of mine, he had lap belts.  His sunglasses were embedded in his face.

3 hours ago, steingar said:

Normally the bar doesn't interfere with anything.  Like I said, it was big winter coats that caused the whole snafu.  I don't see how the belts could be other than they are, since the shoulder strap has to go all the way around you to securely hold you in.  I'll take the occasional gear snafu to having my features rearranged in a crash landing.  Happened to a friend of mine, he had lap belts.  His sunglasses were embedded in his face.

I agree, I’m not a coat on guy inside the plane, and personally dont fly an airplanes without shoulder harness or at a max to a location to get them installed. 

3 hours ago, Shiny moose said:

I agree, I’m not a coat on guy inside the plane, and personally dont fly an airplanes without shoulder harness or at a max to a location to get them installed. 

I wore my coat on every winter flight when based in Ohio near @steingar. When it's 10°F and the wind is blowing, the coat comes off after the cabin heat gets the cabin warm! But my coat and the wife's parka never got near that round white knob up high on the panel . . . .

51 minutes ago, Hank said:

I wore my coat on every winter flight when based in Ohio near @steingar. When it's 10°F and the wind is blowing, the coat comes off after the cabin heat gets the cabin warm! But my coat and the wife's parka never got near that round white knob up high on the panel . . . .

Airplane doesn't heat up nearly quickly enough to shed outer garments in an Ohio winter.  What I will do, is no matter how cold it is I wear no more than my leather flight jacket.  Now I might have a big wampum scarf wrapped around, but my arm will have no mare than a leather jacket past which I can see what's going on with the damn bar.

18 hours ago, steingar said:

Airplane doesn't heat up nearly quickly enough to shed outer garments in an Ohio winter.  What I will do, is no matter how cold it is I wear no more than my leather flight jacket.  Now I might have a big wampum scarf wrapped around, but my arm will have no mare than a leather jacket past which I can see what's going on with the damn bar.

I flew out of Cincinnati blue ash and lunken for a few years in the mid 90s C421, C90.  never wore a coat in the cockpit!!! Of course airplane was in a heated hanger : )

• 8 months later...
On 12/15/2018 at 10:56 AM, Shiny moose said:

I flew out of Cincinnati blue ash and lunken for a few years in the mid 90s C421, C90.  never wore a coat in the cockpit!!! Of course airplane was in a heated hanger : )

My hangar is unheated, and Blue Ash is gone.  Used to fly in there to get Marx Bagels.