Hartzell Bravo prop?

Jetlag

Has anyone heard any news on a new prop for the Bravo from Hartzell?  I talked to Hartzell at Oshkosh and they were looking for a test plane to develop a prop for the Bravo and M20K. They told me they wanted to have the testing done by this winter. My plane was with Garmin, and they wanted a Bravo asap so they couldn't use mine for the testing. Wondering if anyone on this forum loaned their Bravo for the prop testing?

Andy, when you spoke to me about it a few months ago, I called and they had someone lined up with a FIKI Hot prop Bravo they were just waiting to get log book approval and begin the process with. I called the engineer in charge of the project then. I would imagine they will be getting close by now. @gsxrpilot might know more, I think he reached out about the K models to the same guy.

4 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Andy, when you spoke to me about it a few months ago, I called and they had someone lined up with a FIKI Bravo they were just waiting to get log book approval and begin the process with. I called the engineer in charge of the project then. I would imagine they will be getting close by now. @gsxrpilot might know more, I think he reached out about the K models to the same guy.

They told me Bravo first then K models. I'm supposed to check back with them after the first of the year.

It was originally set up to use my Bravo for the STC, they were to take it in early June for a week then finish up in September for 6 weeks or so, just before I was to deliver my plane to Ohio the stated since I did not have a hot prop for them to test the engineers decided to Geta FIKI plane one with a hot prop or whatever they are called. Therefore they are a few months behind schedule. I may call the engineer to see where there at, if I do I'll report.

6 minutes ago, alextstone said:

FWIW, I am interested in volunteering my FIKI Bravo for the STC...please pass the word along

THey have one, but feel free to call them if you want to put your name in the hat. Dan was right, they needed a hot prop Bravo so one STC could cover all of the viariants

6 hours ago, PaulM said:

Aren't FIKI bravo's TKS props?..     I would think the three variants are Plain, Hot Prop & TKS . 

I think all 3 are mostly the same prop with extra hardware, plumping, or electric accessories added.  Whether hot or tks slinger they are pretty simple accessories - and pretty general concepts that are otherwise added to the main prop concept they have designed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2018 at 12:40 PM, mike_elliott said:

Andy, when you spoke to me about it a few months ago, I called and they had someone lined up with a FIKI Hot prop Bravo they were just waiting to get log book approval and begin the process with. I called the engineer in charge of the project then. I would imagine they will be getting close by now. @gsxrpilot might know more, I think he reached out about the K models to the same guy.

They originally had my Bravo lined up, had the paper work, insurance etc done..was to deliver it June 2018 and they said the engineer needed a Bravo with a hotprop therefore mine didn’t qualify 

Just received this email.  Sharing with Mike's permission.

Dear Joe,

We currently have an active program going on the M20m. Unless something changes drastically, like a vib survey failure, it should use the Acclaim blade. I’m not expecting a failure. I would expect that with our current certification workload, this application will become available sometime next year.

Thanks,

Mike Trudeau
Manager, STC and Modifier Programs