RAJAY Drive Pad Scavenge Pumps

RAJAY is looking for feedback from the RAJAY community to determine needs and support for 2019.  Questions for our RAJAY owners with the Drive Pad Scavenge Pump Assy:

1. Have you ever had your Drive Pad Assy overhauled? If yes, who did the work?

2. Have you ever run into issues related to the Drive Pad Assy? How was the issue rectified?

3. Would you be interested in a RAJAY service to provide overhauled/rebuilt Drive Pad Assy?

Pump.jpgPost

Shops do not have the technical data to perform a full overhaul, but rather perform "repairs."  It would be helpful to get the technical data on overhauls out to the accessory shops so that there are choices on who can perform the work.  Having one facility providing overhaul scavenge pumps as occurs now is insufficient and does not provide the necessary competition in the markeplace.  Cores are also hard to come by, so overhaul shops are needed.

John Breda

12 hours ago, M20F-1968 said:

Shops do not have the technical data to perform a full overhaul, but rather perform "repairs."  It would be helpful to get the technical data on overhauls out to the accessory shops so that there are choices on who can perform the work.  Having one facility providing overhaul scavenge pumps as occurs now is insufficient and does not provide the necessary competition in the markeplace.  Cores are also hard to come by, so overhaul shops are needed.

John Breda

Hi John - thanks for the input.  There are to different styles of scavenge pumps for the RAJAY setup. The one I am referring to is the one I show on my previous post.  These are very unique and different than the cube-shaped scavenge pumps.  Hartzell bought the rights to the cube-shaped pumps and yes, they keep the data to these pumps very close to the vest. There is nothing RAJAY can really do about this product except for re-designing a new pump...which isn't going to happen unfortunately.

The pumps I am referring to aren't Hartzell property and still remain with RAJAY.  I wanted to see what type of demand there is for these types of pumps and if RAJAY should invest in supporting these or not.  Not sure if there are solutions or workarounds that I am not aware of.

Regards,

Tom