1970 m20c pane light dimmer and board

Lawrence,

If you are referring to the assembly that contains the rheostat I don't think there are any simple replacements for it.  The assembly is more than just a dimmer, it also controls the annunciator lights.  They are relatively easy to fix.  What is wrong with yours?  

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by DanM20C

4 hours ago, steingar said:

All I have are the torpedo lights in the ceiling, and they're so ineffective I might as well be using the Force.  Somebody posted up an LED install for those, I'm going have to check that out.

Search "Raptor's LED Torpedo Retrofit"

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DanM20C said:

Lawrence,

If you are referring to the assembly that contains the rheostat I don't think there are any simple replacements for it.  The assembly is more than just a dimmer, it also controls the annunciator lights.  They are relatively easy to fix.  What is wrong with yours?  

Cheers,

Dan

Half of our panel lights don’t light up.we’re afraid  to work on that circuit board out of fear of losing more lights.

Lawrence

20 minutes ago, Candy man said:

Half of our panel lights don’t light up.we’re afraid  to work on that circuit board out of fear of losing more lights.

Lawrence

If half the lights are working and half are not, there are only three components that would be suspect.  A diode, transistor, and Fuse.  I would check the fuse first.

You should have 2 little 5A fuses mounted on the aluminum chassis of the assembly.  Each handles 1/2 of the lighting. Pull each out and check continuity across the pins. 

Do all the annunciator lights work when you push the test button?

Cheers,

Dan

15 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

We used one of these, and it works fine.   It uses pulse-width modulation rather than resistive loading to vary the power delivered at constant voltage, so it dims both LEDs and incandescent bulbs.  The lack of a large resistive load makes it lighter, considerably more efficient, and cooler running when dimming than a rheostat.   The only thing I don't like it is the price.  There are $30 alternatives that do the exactly the same thing, but they are not STC'd.

4 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

We used one of these, and it works fine.   It uses pulse-width modulation rather than resistive loading to vary the power delivered at constant voltage, so it dims both LEDs and incandescent bulbs.  The lack of a large resistive load makes it lighter, considerably more efficient, and cooler running when dimming than a rheostat.   The only thing I don't like it is the price.  There are $30 alternatives that do the exactly the same thing, but they are not STC'd.

$30? you are overpaying!

https://www.ebay.com/p/Brightness-PWM-Switch-Controller-Dimmer-for-LED-Strip-Light-12v-to-24v-8a-96w/19014519521?iid=192450239343

• Haha 1