1992 M20J Performance Spreadsheet

laytonl

I've been working on a Takeoff Performance chart for my 1992 M20J for awhile and seeing Patrickf's M20R spreadsheet spurred me to finish mine.  My solution to the TO performance data is not elegant but it seems to be fairly accurate.  This spreadsheet is specific to my Mooney and I've added a TO +15% value because that seems to be my actual results.  I also used the "Openasapp.com" to make a pseudo App for my personal use (there may be a photo of the app attached - I'm not sure. :)).

TOD Chart - Final Version 10 30 18.xlsx

Feel free to use my spreadsheet, however, I make no warranties as to the accuracy of the spreadsheet and using anything I wrote will probably kill you.  

Lee

OpenasApp - TO Performance.jpg

• Like 1

@laytonl Lee,

thanks for the shout out. 

You beat me to it! I have a work in progress J version of my excel sheet and Open App using the same technique as the M20R one. I picked the J as one I had to do on the basis of how many are out there ! - and here in Aus.

Have others in various stages as well - gets easier as you reuse the code.

@Deb Debbie & David have been unbelievably thorough and helpful with some very detailed beta testing and feedback on the original XL sheet and App. The M20R App changes are live and I'll issue the final updated XL sheet with the rest.

@mike_elliott    also had got me POHs for the new models and I'm working through them - a fair bit of cross over between models which makes it easier.

@carusoam - Anthony - I have a working version of your 310 STC option including the power charts. Just got to smash a couple of pesky bugs.

@Awful_Charlie has sent me the charts for the M20M so it's on my list as well.

Intention is to get them done as a job lot so I don't do multiple posts but keep to the concept ( in my case) of providing a simpler way to pull book figures (and cross reference original POH charts)

Now if I didn't have to work to pay for the Avgas these things would happen quicker !

PatrickF

• Like 2

Thanks to PatrickF, I've made a good start to the M20M sheets, but like him it has stalled due to other pressures! I'm not going to get back onto this until the week commencing 17th Dec, so if someone wants to step into the void in the meantime then feel free!

Those who are desperate can have the current version, outstanding issues I;m aware of include:

1. Grass runway take off and landing
  2. Cruise sheet needs completion
  3. Arrow heads and line thicknesses need standardising
  4. Input validity checking needs to be added
  5. Output warnings are woefully incomplete

I'm not totally happy with having two W&B tabs, one for a/c with TKS and one for those without, but at the moment can't think of a better solution

Enjoy!?

M20M_WandB_PerformanceCharts_rev1.7 (Unprotected).xlsx

12 hours ago, patrickf said:

@laytonl Lee,

thanks for the shout out. 

You beat me to it! I have a work in progress J version of my excel sheet and Open App using the same technique as the M20R one. I picked the J as one I had to do on the basis of how many are out there ! - and here in Aus.

Have others in various stages as well - gets easier as you reuse the code.

@Deb Debbie & David have been unbelievably thorough and helpful with some very detailed beta testing and feedback on the original XL sheet and App. The M20R App changes are live and I'll issue the final updated XL sheet with the rest.

@mike_elliott    also had got me POHs for the new models and I'm working through them - a fair bit of cross over between models which makes it easier.

@carusoam - Anthony - I have a working version of your 310 STC option including the power charts. Just got to smash a couple of pesky bugs.

@Awful_Charlie has sent me the charts for the M20M so it's on my list as well.

Intention is to get them done as a job lot so I don't do multiple posts but keep to the concept ( in my case) of providing a simpler way to pull book figures (and cross reference original POH charts)

Now if I didn't have to work to pay for the Avgas these things would happen quicker !

PatrickF

Patrick, I look forward to seeing your  “j” worksheet.  Please share when you have it ready.  Lee