Advice on Airtex Interiour

I'm thinking about installing an Airtex interior in my 1961 Mooney M20B.  I have a few questions: 

I'm leaning towards their Duratrim vinyl option instead of the standard or premium fabrics.  Does anyone have experience or advice in picking a fabric.  We are leaning towards the vinyl based on looking at install pictures and ease of cleaning. 

Any advice on ordering or installing would be appreciated.  Being a 1961 M20B, I don't want to spend too much although I do have decent paint and a newly overhauled engine so I plan on keeping the plane for a long time.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,

you might want to use the search function...

There is an annual experience where somebody does an entire interior project...

The cost efficient people tend to select Airtex...

There are some nicer suppliers for people that have a few more AMU to spend...

Best regards,

-a-

airtex is just down the road from me so I used them for my interior. Dod was easy to work with and had some great ideas for the color scheme and fabrics. I own a 61' C model so the panels and seats are more like a B then most of the C that they have templets for, I ended up taking my pilots seat to him so he could custom fit the seat. because they were basically making their pattern from my seat I just had them cover both seats, they did a great job.

The only thing I didn't like was the carpet choices, the carpet holds up well and looks good but they only carried one style and I would have rather had more of a berber then a low cut.

Brian

I recently received my orders of carpet, panels, headliner, extra vinyl and insulation. My only gripe is that whoever boxes their stuff up for shipping must not like their job very much- I had one plastic backed panel that was literally shoved into the box and bent over to make it fit, permanently deforming it. None of my panels had any type of padding or stuffing- it was just all thrown into boxes... loose, with a pma card thrown in the bottom. For what I paid, I expected better care. I’ve done m own car interiors, but opted to stay legal with the plane and so ordered everything from them. My overall impression is that the side of the panels that faces you is average at best in regards to workmanship, and the quality of construction is below that. I’m sure that nobody will notice but me though... it all just looked slapped together. $3k 

Hopefully my experience was not the norm. 

http://aerocomfort.com/

They did my interior and it looks spectacular. Amazing work.

I shipped my stuff to them, they reupholstered it all and shipped it back. 

You could email Gabriela and get a quote. It is more expensive then Airtex though, I don't know what your budget is.

Gabriela E. Coble
gabrielaf@aerocomfort.com

12 hours ago, Mark M20B said:

I'm thinking about installing an Airtex interior in my 1961 Mooney M20B.  I have a few questions: 

I'm leaning towards their Duratrim vinyl option instead of the standard or premium fabrics.  Does anyone have experience or advice in picking a fabric.  We are leaning towards the vinyl based on looking at install pictures and ease of cleaning. 

A previous owner of my M20C had installed Airtex vinyl seats.  Made my back sweat, a lot.  They looked good, but getting out of the airplane with a sweaty back in January, in Michigan, convinced me to go with fabric.

I just installed a new interior with premium fabric from Airtex and it's great.  No sweaty back.

They said the Duralife Premium was actually their best wearing fabric, so I used that.  Very happy.