Digital M20K data

Airways

Somebody went through the effort doing exactly this...

... for the Ovation.

Performance calculations using excel and dropped into iOS using an app....

This way the copy of a copy is electronic and not very noticeable to how many times it has been copied!

Great question to ask to an MSC/Mooney directly...

Best regards,

-a-

3 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Somebody went through the effort doing exactly this...

... for the Ovation.

Performance calculations using excel and dropped into iOS using an app....

This way the copy of a copy is electronic and not very noticeable to how many times it has been copied!

Hmmmm.... maybe someone should do that for the beloved 252.

11 minutes ago, Airways said:

Not a particular problem but I’m transitioning from a J to a K which means I’d like to make thorough performance and WB calculations before every departure, especially the first couple of flights...

3000 ft of runway and no more than 100 lbs or so over gross and you'll be fine. She should climb easily at 700 ft/min even at gross all the way to the flight levels. 

Or at least this is what I've heard :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Funny, this has been my on again off again project for some time.  It's been fun and a good challenge to my excel modeling skills.  I've completed the take-off performance calcs and have moved on to landing distances.  I looked at the Oviation one provided and it was very good and probably could be deconstructed and manipulated.  Of course, I like mine better.

I probably shouldn't even provide this given it's a work in progress and not ready for prime time, but here goes.  Unfortunately, between deal flow at work, flying part time and moving to a new home and moving the airplane, this has fallen to the bottom of my list since last May.  

It's been fun creating the calculations as the slopes are increasing or decreasing as the case may be based on temp. wind etc.  The upside is that the slopes in the chart do seem to be linear.

Of course, there are the usual stipulations, your POH is the governing document and should always be consulted, blah, blah, blah.

I do find it ridiculous that you could be a pencil lead width off and that's 50 ft.  But, I guess that goes under the heading of measuring with a micrometer and cutting with an axe.  No one cuts it 50 ft close when determining needed runway length. 

Copy of MasterCalc - Mooney 252 draft 5-23-18.xls

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WilliamR said:

Funny, this has been my on again off again project for some time.  It's been fun and a good challenge to my excel modeling skills.  I've completed the take-off performance calcs and have moved on to landing distances.  I looked at the Oviation one provided and it was very good and probably could be deconstructed and manipulated.  Of course, I like mine better.

I probably shouldn't even provide this given it's a work in progress and not ready for prime time, but here goes.  Unfortunately, between deal flow at work, flying part time and moving to a new home and moving the airplane, this has fallen to the bottom of my list since last May.  

It's been fun creating the calculations as the slopes are increasing or decreasing as the case may be based on temp. wind etc.  The upside is that the slopes in the chart do seem to be linear.

Of course, there are the usual stipulations, your POH is the governing document and should always be consulted, blah, blah, blah.

I do find it ridiculous that you could be a pencil lead width off and that's 50 ft.  But, I guess that goes under the heading of measuring with a micrometer and cutting with an axe.  No one cuts it 50 ft close when determining needed runway length. 

Copy of MasterCalc - Mooney 252 draft 5-23-18.xls

Thanks!

On 12/4/2018 at 1:50 PM, gsxrpilot said:

3000 ft of runway and no more than 100 lbs or so over gross and you'll be fine. She should climb easily at 700 ft/min even at gross all the way to the flight levels. 

Or at least this is what I've heard :ph34r:

Ah yes, when you’re running a part 121 flight in Alaska.  Carry on then!