Seem reasonable..?

JRam

6 hours ago, JRam said:

Auto trim servo on my King 150 autopilot going to cost me $3200 on a factory reman. Does that seem reasonable? 

And that right there is why we are pulling our KFC200 and replacing it with Garmin (or TruTrak or Trio or Dynon - take your pick).  It was going to cost us $4000 to fix our pitch servo and we would still have the roll servo, trim servo, KG102a, KI256, KI525, and KC295; all of which were also going to potentially be expensive to repair.  It wouldn't take very many of those parts to fail and we would have essentially paid for the parts for a new autopilot.  Plus the Garmin will perform much better than the KFC and we can get rid of our vacuum system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob - S50 said:

And that right there is why we are pulling our KFC200 and replacing it with Garmin (or TruTrak or Trio or Dynon - take your pick).

Honestly, that would have been my way ahead as well, except that I cannot make that move today because the Garmin is not quite ready and I have quite a few trips coming up. 

5 hours ago, JRam said:

Honestly, that would have been my way ahead as well, except that I cannot make that move today because the Garmin is not quite ready and I have quite a few trips coming up. 

I understand.  We have been operating without an autopilot for about 6 months now (gasp!).  I hand flew from S50 to GFK and back in August (2200 NM round trip), and then from S50 - LMO - BTF - S50 (2000 NM round trip) in September.  We are hoping to have the Garmin in place by early next year.