M20J GAMI spread issue (flow divider?)

jkarch

4 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

Oh, I didn’t know that, I thought if it ran, it was good. PO had already upgraded to A3B6, so there wasn’t a big incentive for me to go factory at the time. It went 2200+ hours without roller tappets.

I think Robert Gary here had that issue and ended up having to pay a core charge, and have heard of others getting rejected because of a cracked case.

8 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

Oh, I didn’t know that, I thought if it ran, it was good. PO had already upgraded to A3B6, so there wasn’t a big incentive for me to go factory at the time. It went 2200+ hours without roller tappets.

What I was told is they throw away the A3B6D cases when upgrading to the A3B6 and as long as the engine is assembled they will take it as a core but for reman or new only.  They are much stricter for overhaul exchanges, with age limitations etc.  I don't think I have a crack in the case right now, all I know is the cam's shot.