M20K Original Engine Gauges Resale Prices?

JRam

I'm working through my ROI brief to the CFO here at the house related to getting the JPI 900 done. I'm wondering what I should expect to get for a return of working gauges I remove from the aircraft if I were to resell them. Specifically, what do you think I would get for these on here or eBay? Is it worth even considering other than the 700 which I may have to turn in for the rebate anyway?

1.) Engine pack (Oil temp & Pressure, Cyl Temp, Amps, Fuel L/R)

2.) EDM 700 (Assuming no probes)

3.) RPM

4.) TIT&CDT

5.) MP

6.) FT101 Fuel Flow

I included pictures for 3/4/5/6

The TIT/CDT is harder to come by so you may get a couple hundred for this. And maybe a hundred for the FT101. You shouldn't have to turn in the EDM700 display for the rebate. @Aerodon is a JPI dealer and maybe could offer you something for it on trade if you buy the 900 from him. Put the other stuff on Ebay and at the end of the day if you get a couple hundred for them at least you've covered part of your install costs.

• Thanks 1

I have a lot of those items in a box because I haven’t gotten around to trying to sell it. Most probably won’t get much. I think now days most people just buy an edm when faced with a gauge problem. Check eBay completed auctions for the best guide.

• Thanks 1

Not much.
Most of that stuff is worth something when someone else’s has broken, if you don’t want to wait for that to happen you need to sell them for someone to use as a spare. I sold my old J instruments for a $100 or less for each. That’s cheap enough for someone to buy it as a spare. EDM 700 is worthless without probes because you can buy a new one with the probes for about the same price as buying probes separately.

• Thanks 1

Good luck with the presentation...

The pics never got posted...?

Try to make the presentation focused on what 12 things the JPI 900 is capable of doing...

Avoid an ROI discussion whenever possible regarding GA...

unless you are committed to flying commercial 200nm every weekend...

good luck, we’re pulling for you...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/30/2018 at 12:03 PM, teejayevans said:

EDM 700 is worthless without probes because you can buy a new one with the probes for about the same price as buying probes separately.

That display unit with no probes normally brings 300-350 ish.  People do buy them for replacement or to build a system from scratch.  But I agree with you the cost of building a system by sourcing the parts individually will be a lot more expensive in the end. 

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

got a pic of the oilT sensor?

You can zoom in and see the gauge in the top left of this pic. It's part of the string of gauges up there, I dont see a part #. 

The plane is technically a 1983, it was one of the last ones to come off the line that calendar year so it has many 1984 features.

20180909_121008.jpg

Oh, I wish I was smart enough to know. I was guessing all of that would connect in to the new 900.

Not legacy sensors, fuel sensors are the exception, the 900 sensors will replace factory ones. The 700 probes should be removed, they are either piggyback off the factory location or in a different location all together. A few 700 probes can be reused with the 900 (if they have the same part number), like EGT and CHT probes.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

J,

I can see the gauge clearly, but... the sensor I was asking about is the part at the other end... that is in contact with the oil in the engine block...

Wondering if you will be pulling that out too?

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony,

I have one sitting on my desk at work, as well as the rest of the goodies I removed for my 900 install.  Haven't got around to ebaying them yet.

I'll sent a photo to you when I'm back in the office on Monday. 

Cheers,

Dan

• Like 1