Grounded... Repair Advice?

On 12/4/2018 at 10:32 AM, Keith20EH said:

Now that the dust has settled and a fix is more than likely in place, I respectfully “creep” this thread towards prevention.  No doubt, Mr. Huddleston, you are beating yourself up over this, most pilot are very hard on themselves when this type of incident happens.  Please consider getting the coaching, training, etc. to evaluate the decission making and performance that led to this event.  In hindsight, all accidents are preventable, but it is the ability to “see” into the future the outcome of our present decisions that keeps us safe.  Thankfully this all appears fixable.  Now, get back on that horse, safely.      (from a safety manager, cfi,cfii, mei, atp, 5 type ratings, a&p,ia, and M20E owner)

Before you fly it out for repairs,

You might ask the question a twin pilot asked me, a few years ago,  when he taxied his right wing into a steel canopy post affronting an FBO.

Gotta get back to Houston...Anybody got any Duct Tape?

Not sure if duct tape was ever replaced or not, but his take-off was uneventful.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:47 PM, Pmaxwell said:

Looks like it's only one skin in the picture and dent isn't deep enough to hurt any stringers and was between ribs. That skin is about 1k and takes about 45 hours to replace reseal and paint.  Stall switch bracket is probably busted and tab is obviously no good. Probably looking at 5k-7k for repair depending on the stall switch and labor rates much cheaper than a replacement wing. 

Dmax & Co fixed my M20K when I C172 jumped its chocks and rolled into the leading edge, making a similar dent.  Want to say the bill to insurance company was $8-$10K...That included their getting a ferry permit and logistics/temp repairs for making the ferry flight.  used that whole sheet of aluminum wrapped over the top and bottom of the wing.  Was just as good as new when they were done with it.

With Don Maxwell Aviation or SWTA (JD Casteel) you can't go wrong.