RayJay turbo oil fitting and heater hose routing questions

Hello, folks. I have a couple of requests for you Rayjay M20E/F owners:

1. Would you mind sharing a picture of your heater hose/SCAT routing leading to the heater control valve on the firewall? I have a recently overhauled engine/Rayjay system that I suspect may have some incorrectly routed hoses. I've attached a couple side view images of my engine with and without the Scat heater hose removed. From what I can tell, there is very limited space to route a hose between the intake tube and oil sump. The wire on the Scat tubing was chafing the bottom of the oil sump and the shop deformed the flange to get it to fit. I have the STC owner's manual and installation manual but they seem quite vague when it comes to routing.

2. The pressure oil line to the turbo appears to have a male-male 1/8 NPT fitting with a NPT-AN adapter fitting. This seems like a hoakey setup and I believe the pipe threads may be partially stripped. I would greatly appreciate any pictures you have of your setup or advice on the matter. Tapping these small pipe threads seems like a real potential headache.

Pics attached, thanks!

20181129_181019.jpg

20181129_181024.jpg

20181129_181002.jpg

20181129_181006.jpg

20180929_131204.jpg

I don't have any certifications, but seems like you would route that oil line under the heater line , then move the heater scat tubing inboard of the engine mount.  In the traditional heater scat install there are several large adel clamps that hold it in place.   One mount for the heater  is down on the foot well.  You can see your two adel clamp mounts in first picture.  Lots of rubbing going on in your picture.

Looks like the air hose was flattened out on this one to fit where it was routed. I ordered a new set of hoses from Tom to eliminate the 5year AD but don’t know if the heater will be included or just oil.

Hope this helps. 

9AFEBEFC-B2DB-4D5B-A612-D8080B9F2BD8.jpeg

C697BF33-0FF4-4347-B238-5E8987EA1C08.jpeg

Edited by Two7Victor

22 hours ago, Two7Victor said:

Looks like the air hose was flattened out on this one to fit where it was routed. I ordered a new set of hoses from Tom to eliminate the 5year AD but don’t know if the heater will be included or just oil.

Hope this helps. 

9AFEBEFC-B2DB-4D5B-A612-D8080B9F2BD8.jpeg

Thanks for the pic. That's interesting. It's definitely a tight fit. It looks like the high-pressure oil line routing in your aircraft also differs from the STC instructions.

I'm told the black orange SCAT ducting holds up better in the heat. The STC also calls for an asbestos cover near the exhaust heater muff (item 10 in figure below).

1813198672_Figure6.thumb.jpg.48c047ac621da52481292850eda7f95e.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi Gents. I was researching something else on here and picked up on something that I didn't catch the last time around.

Please keep in mind that the flex ducts are custom made to RAJAY specs and exceed SCAT and SCEET specs. RAJAY ducts are much thicker, have clamping cuffs and withstands higher pressures and temps.

• 2 weeks later...