Cowl Flap Push Rod - M20J

sgrooves

Plane is at the shop. I asked for a pic and they were also going to send me the portion of the part catalog that has the piece. Apparently it only numbers the entire assembly, not the rod. I think their first try was going to be to rethread the rest of the rod if there was enough length left.

It’s the push/pull rod I circled in this picture. Apparently on the engine side of the firewall it is threaded and screws into another part that actually controls the cowl flap. 175941f59b167b0080156ad3f646df02.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lasar has them in-stock, or did.  I had mine break complely off in-flight and ordered a replacement overnight and had it the next day.  Mine was for a M20K but looked idential.  I got my parter number from the Mooney IPC.

Thanks all for the help. Turns out they were able to pretty easily re-thread the end of the rod and reattach. Saved me from an entire new cable and complete re-rigging. Unfortunately no pics yet and I haven't had a chance to get up to the hangar to check it out yet. I did find the below pics in the IPC in case anyone find this thread and needs it. Oddly enough, the rod itself does not appear to be identified, the entire assembly and cable is.

IMG_3445.thumb.jpeg.5fb804ae31c603e9a3565f76a0a93b6a.jpegIMG_3446.thumb.jpeg.4d21aff55134691fd8524b9b45fa70d7.jpeg

Edited by sgrooves