TruTrak Fly-in Factory Tour

Jeev

On 12/18/2018 at 10:32 AM, Jeev said:

We have a date confirmed with Trutrak, 1/18/1019!  Please let me know who will be there so we can make plans.  They are located at Springdale Municipal Airport (KASG), the street address is:

1488 S Old Missouri Rd.
Springdale, AR 72764

https://trutrakflightsystems.com/pages/contact-us

I am looking forward to meeting all you guys!!!

Sanjeev

I will be there

Great and thank you for the responses!  When it gets close enough to have a good weather forecast I will reach out for a final count to give to the TruTrak guys so they can order us some food.

See ya all soon!

Sanjeev

Grrr... Here is our current forecast for Friday: "Rain and snow likely before 3pm, then rain likely between 3pm and 5pm, then rain and snow likely after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%."

I'm not optimistic about my chances of making it. As a low time VFR only pilot, I want nothing to do with weather like that.  I'll wait and see if the forecast changes before completely backing out though as forecast around here frequently change.

3 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

Grrr... Here is our current forecast for Friday: "Rain and snow likely before 3pm, then rain likely between 3pm and 5pm, then rain and snow likely after 5pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%."

I'm not optimistic about my chances of making it. As a low time VFR only pilot, I want nothing to do with weather like that.  I'll wait and see if the forecast changes before completely backing out though as forecast around here frequently change.

Yeah I understand.  I am may not even fly my twin with hot props, boots, alcohol W/S, heated pitot, static and fuel vents, I really don't like ice.  I have commercial tickets booked but how many would attend if they can't fly in?  I am guessing not many?  Based on the forecast in the next few days we may have to reschedule.  Any thoughts?

Sanjeev

12 hours ago, Jeev said:

how many would attend if they can't fly in?

It's about a 6 hour drive each way in good weather, so that's not really a feasible option.  On the other hand, it's only 2 hours by Mooney, so just long enough to get it all warmed up!  I love this time machine!

Hello everyone - 

The weather on Friday looks ok (prob IFR) in Springdale but Saturday looks bad with a possible winter storm looming.  Can I please get a headcount for those that can make it? If it is too low we will have to reschedule.

thank you,

sanjeev 

It's gonna be IFR from Texas to AR but will be warm on Friday. The problem is that here in Texas that means thunderstorms. It's predicted to be 75° in Austin on Friday with a 50% chance of thunderstorms. I can get up there alright, but getting back might get a bit sketchy. It wouldn't break my heart if we rescheduled.

Well the weather has put a big stop to our fun plans.  With the IFR, rain and approaching winter storm projected many people have said they will not be able to attend.  I am going to CANCEL this event and work on a new date.  I will keep you all posted and really hope we can all meet up soon.

Thank you,

Sanjeev 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Jeev said:

Well the weather has put a big stop to our fun plans.  With the IFR, rain and approaching winter storm projected many people have said they will not be able to attend.  I am going to CANCEL this event and work on a new date.  I will keep you all posted and really hope we can all meet up soon.

Thank you,

Sanjeev 

Sounds like that's for the best. 

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

I, too, am in annual but if it was a VFR day I would bring another plane up.  If @gsxrpilot was flying over, I could hitch a ride, however, I am glad it is cancelled because of the crappy weather.  Bring on some sunshine!

Bryan,  I am based at Saline County and could have given you a ride.  

• Like 1