TruTrak Fly-in Factory Tour

Jeev

Hello everyone  - 

As some of you already know I am a TruTrak dealer / installer in Las Vegas and focusing on the Mooney kit.  I am gauging interest in setting up a Fly-in factory tour of the TruTrak facility and Mooney test aircraft at Springdale Municipal Airport (KASG) in Springdale Arkansas.  It would be neat to see their facility and get hands on with the kit installed in the Mooney. Plus having all these Mooney's show up on their ramp may motivate them even more to push the approval through :D.  As of now M20 approval is slotted for spring 2019 and has been pushed back a few times due to FAA delays, you can follow the status here:

Please reply to this thread with your interest, as we have some people chime in I will work on a date (Jan or Feb) and logistics.

• Like 2

I have time off to spare. What's Ark weather like that time of year? I'm allergic to airframe icing, and have a lifelong aversion to crystaline H2O outside of my glass; fifteen years in the midwest have intensified that feeling . . . .

• Like 1

I spoke with Corey at TruTrak today and he said they would love to host a bunch of Mooneys at their factory.  They can have lunch and the test bed Mooney there for us to take a look at.  So far I have four of you guys any more?  I will give it a few more days then work on some dates.  

I would go. About 3 hours away.

Also by way of introduction to this group... I have a 1964 M20C. Already have a GNS430W and a GTX345. An autopilot will be the last addition that I foresee. Nearly got my instrument rating, and an autopilot will be especially invaluable when flying IFR. Was focused on the Garmin GFC500 to keep everything Garmin, but now they're not listing the M20A through M20E on the website, and I've realized that an autopilot doesn't really integrate all that tightly with other avionics as long as it gets the position data it needs. So a TruTrak seems like an excellent choice.

Edited by Jeff Williams

Well looks like we have at least 8 people including myself so I think that is enough to get this thing going!  How does Jan 19th or 26th work?  Both are Saturdays as it seems the weekend will work better for most.  I have confirm that Corey at TT can come in on a Sat.

Saturdays will not work for Trutrak so we are trying to coordinate a Friday in January most likely the 4th, 11th or 18th.  Trutrak said they will put on a nice BBQ for us, I will keep you posted when I hear back from them.

Have a great week!

Sanjeev