Blown breaker

PeytonM

I had some work completed on my Electronics International tach and now I’ve got a blown circuit breaker labeled “PHONE.” (See pic below) I’m going to have the panel reopened and find out what happened. In the meantime, any ideas what this CB is protecting? I thought maybe it was the spare microphone, but that works. (I used to have a King KMA24 audio panel, but replaced it several years ago with a PMA450.)01BD365E-E453-49E9-B775-419ECFB64E96.thumb.jpeg.d44bc146d9def9164f695a20b85b6b63.jpeg

Peyton,

Until the forum software stops accidently rotating our pics....

Save, edit, rotate, done, exit...

then click to choose file...

Done!

No special apps, or skill required... just an ordinary iDevice....

The I device software isn’t perfect either, as some buttons may disappear or relocate when you push the rotate button...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

On 11/24/2018 at 12:54 PM, PeytonM said:

I had some work completed on my Electronics International tach and now I’ve got a blown circuit breaker labeled “PHONE.” (See pic below) I’m going to have the panel reopened and find out what happened. In the meantime, any ideas what this CB is protecting? I thought maybe it was the spare microphone, but that works. (I used to have a King KMA24 audio panel, but replaced it several years ago with a PMA450.)

The KMA24 used two breakers. The one labeled "AUDIO" and the one labeled "PHONE". It has been a while but I believe the "PHONE" breaker powered the headphone amplifier and the "AUDIO" powered the rest of the panel. When your PMA450 was installed the installer probably used the "AUDIO" breaker for PMA450 power and left the "PHONE" breaker unused. My guess it isn't powering anything and may be shorting to the frame.

Jim

• Like 1