GTX345 with encoder $old

Aerodon

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a remote GTX345, so have this open box transponder with / without encoder for sale. The tray has been in the plane for fitting (no scratches) but the unit has been in box all the time. The connector has been used, but if you wait a couple of weeks you can have the one out of my 345R box?  

Aerodon

Edited by Aerodon
Sold

4 hours ago, orionflt said:

Why would someone buy an open box 345 when a new one from spruce is $4400?

brian

a) because AC Spruce won't sell for certified aircraft

b) because it has a $250 encoder with it

c) because its in Canada and there's no brokerage or international shipping, or local taxes required

d) and its just a starting point, everything is negotiable.  I might just install it for free?

I'll refrain from pissing on M20C's if you refrain from pissing on my listing?

Don

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Aerodon said:

a) because AC Spruce won't sell for certified aircraft

b) because it has a $250 encoder with it

c) because its in Canada and there's no brokerage or international shipping, or local taxes required

d) and its just a starting point, everything is negotiable.  I might just install it for free?

I'll refrain from pissing on M20C's if you refrain from pissing on my listing?

Don

It doesn’t look like any ill intentions were meant with the questions about the price.

In fairness, I also wondered about the price reasoning. I’m sure others did as well. It would have been a good opportunity to list the benefits without coming across harshly.

Good luck with the sale.

I wasn’t attacking him, I just asked a legitimate question. His add was vague and even though his header said with encoder, his write up left that in question. As for using spruce for a price reference, it was quick and convenient way to get the average new cost for the transponder. 

My question may have been blunt, but fair

Brian

30 minutes ago, Alan Fox said:

Perhaps a private message would have been more appropriate.....  I have stopped listing here , for the same reason.....  You want to chase Don away too????

I think a new Garmin GTX-345 is $4995 plus sales tax, you have to pay that because Garmin requires it to be bought through a dealer. plus the 250$ snap in encoder,.  So that's $5500 out the door plus install. I shopped and shopped and bought a open box new GTX-345r for 4600$ and felt blessed. I couldnt pay him fast enough.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, orionflt said:

Why would someone buy an open box 345 when a new one from spruce is $4400?

brian

Brian posted a fair question to the OP. The responses have been mostly fair as well.

While BT has some good things to it, I appreciate that this forum doesn't try to be BT.

• 3 weeks later...