Nice breakdown assistance perk with Global Insurance!

DXB

I went to renew my insurance with Global Insurance, via Falcon as the broker.  

The mildly bad news:  only a $50 drop to $1118 despite finishing IR in the last year and a recent IPC ($75k hull, no deductible, >600 hr total time, ~500 retract time). I did have a ~$3500 claim in the last year after I rashed my elevator in the hangar (ugh), so maybe that explains it. Also it sounds like some others are seeing increases, so I shouldn't complain.  

The good news: The policy now comes standard with breakdown assistance from Savvy, which I think is a really nice addition (see below).   I wanted to share in case it impacts anyone else's decision to seek  a quote from Global.  I don't know if other carriers offer something similar.  It certainly makes me want to renew with them rather than seek other quotes.

image.thumb.png.b0d031d88c3dc366a7fc6a17a007fc3d.png

I renewed two policies with Global this year (one was already with Global, the other was a change) largely because of this benefit. 

Their prices are competitive with other carriers, and this seemed like a nice thing to have. 

Worth noting that the Breakdown Assistance service only costs like $150/yr by itself, so probably not worth going with a much more expensive policy just for this. 

• 1 year later...

Got the official email from Savvy today that the service is terminated:

"We’re writing to let you know that your Global Aircraft Breakdown Assistance (ABA) coverage, provided by SavvyAviation, will expire when your Global Aerospace aircraft insurance renews in 30 days. As you may have heard, Global Aerospace has discontinued its offer of free Aircraft Breakdown Assistance coverage to all Global policyholders renewing after midnight on 31 December 2019.

Because we’d love to keep you as a Savvy client, we are offering you the opportunity to renew your Aircraft Breakdown Assistance coverage at a drastically reduced rate (one-third the regular fee) for an additional year of service when your current subscription comes up for renewal:

$49/year for single engine aircraft (vs. $149/year normally)

$69/year for twin engine aircraft (vs. $199/year normally)

Alternatively, we’re offering you the chance to upgrade your service to one of our comprehensive maintenance programs (SavvyMx or SavvyQA) at a 50% discount from the regular fee for the first year. Both of these programs include Aircraft Breakdown Assistance coverage at no additional cost.

IMPORTANT: These special offers are available on or before the end of your current Global Aerospace aircraft policy term. After that date, regular fees will apply."

Related to this...Mike and the Savvy team have been offering this service at no charge, during the coronavirus impact, and he's announced that at the end of the free period we'll be able to renew at a "significant discount"...which I would guess mirrors the rates in @toto email above.  https://www.savvyaviation.com/savvybreakdown-special/

Yep, the free service during Covid is a nice introduction to Savvy during the downturn. 

I've looked at that page a couple of times, and the dates are kind of confusing. They say it will be offered through June and then they say you can enroll until September. Probably just a typo. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 7:52 AM, toto said:

Yep, the free service during Covid is a nice introduction to Savvy during the downturn. 

I've looked at that page a couple of times, and the dates are kind of confusing. They say it will be offered through June and then they say you can enroll until September. Probably just a typo. 

The free COVID BAP program is currently good through right after Labor day to Sept 8, you can see the date on your subscription status page. But given how COVID is surging in most areas its very possible that the Sept 8 date will be extended out again.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:43 AM, Ross Taylor said:

Related to this...Mike and the Savvy team have been offering this service at no charge, during the coronavirus impact, and he's announced that at the end of the free period we'll be able to renew at a "significant discount"...which I would guess mirrors the rates in @toto email above.  https://www.savvyaviation.com/savvybreakdown-special/

Yep, when it does expire, those of you that signed up will be offered a really smoking one time deal to renew. I can't say more on the details because nothing is official yet, but I expect right in line with Ross' expectations.

I don't know if it was mentioned in the recent Savvy newsletter about the pilot that landed with no oil pressure and no oil that we worked with to save him from immediately needing a new engine, as he was advised by a shop, but that story was about a free BAP client that called in. It sure helped him out. 

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 2