Mooney Lunch Roundup in Alabama

Pilotja5

Alabama Mooney Lunch Round Up  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where would everyone like to meet for lunch for the Alabama Mooney Round Up

• Cullman (KCMD)
    • Eufala (KEUF)
    • Jack Edwards (KJKA)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2018 at 04:12 AM

I've been to Jack Edwards, but not the other two.   What are the relative merits of each?   I know JKA will likely be 5-10F warmer than Culman, with seafood at Lulu's.   Let's here some reasons (in the livestock or destination judging context).  :)

I've been to Jack Edwards, but not the other two.   What are the relative merits of each?   I know JKA will likely be 5-10F warmer than Culman, with seafood at Lulu's.   Let's here some reasons (in the livestock or destination judging context). 

Apparently Eufaula is out as the restaurant is not open for lunch on Saturday. Merits for Cullman: 1) good, greasy burger and fries; 2) food is cheap; 3) gas is cheap; 4) skydiving ops for entertainment; 4) more central location for many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brandontwalker said:

Apparently Eufaula is out as the restaurant is not open for lunch on Saturday. Merits for Cullman: 1) good, greasy burger and fries; 2) food is cheap; 3) gas is cheap; 4) skydiving ops for entertainment; 4) more central location for many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only location close enough to Memphis to consider a lunch run

• Like 1

Hey Guys, sorry for not responding sooner, If possible can we move it to 1/26?  Our plane will be in for some avionics upgrades.  If not, I am sure we can find a plane to fly for lunch, unfortunately it won't be a Mooney unless @Brandontwalkercan carry Alan and I.  I will leave it up to the Forum

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

Any news on the date for this event?   The last question was whether or not we can move to 26 January.  I'm ok with that.

I'm also waiting on decision on location and date.  My schedule is currently open for either date, but only if KCMD.

On 12/3/2018 at 4:40 PM, mike_elliott said:

make it the second saturday of Jan, and just head a little further south and join the Florida Mooney Lunch group at Leesburg, where Dave and Ruth Taisch also invites all to their home to see Ruth's fantastic garden train

I would love to but we are getting a JPI900 and a Stratus ESGi transponder installed.  We are taking the plane to the shop this weekend to get the work started.  Let us know the next time they have it.  I would love to fly down and see it!