Mooney Lunch Roundup in Alabama

Pilotja5

Alabama Mooney Lunch Round Up  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where would everyone like to meet for lunch for the Alabama Mooney Round Up

• Cullman (KCMD)
    • Eufala (KEUF)
    • Jack Edwards (KJKA)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/29/2018 at 04:12 AM

Hey Everyone, who would be up for lunch the first part of January.  We had 2 places in mind, either Eufala (KEUF) or Cullman (KCMD)  I am thinking January 12.  Lets vote for the place and make sure that date works!

Edited by Pilotja5
  • Like 1

Weekends are good for me. I'm out of EDN. Just to throw a 3rd into the hat: Jack Edward's Platinum FBO was very helpful last weekend with a no obligation car for lunch, zero fees or fuel required. LuLu's is a decent size and right down the road from the airport ~3min drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

@Oldguy how easy are these to get to for me, any ideas?

Easy, peazy. KEUF is down the road between KPLR and KECP (about 45 minutes) and KCMD is a whole 25 minutes from KPLR. If we were to all meet at Jack Edwards (KJKA) it would take almost 1 1/2 hours.

All you need to do is show up at my hangar, and we can go from there. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

@Oldguy how easy are these to get to for me, any ideas?

C'mon over! Stop for fuel in Reykjavik; I-can't-pronounce-it, Greenland; Gander; and somewhere in New York or Pennsylvania. From there, even Lower Alabama is just a short hop, another 40-50 gallons.  ;)

And by then, you'll be pretty hungry and you will fit right in!

• Haha 1

C'mon over! Stop for fuel in Reykjavik; I-can't-pronounce-it, Greenland; Gander; and somewhere in New York or Pennsylvania. From there, even Lower Alabama is just a short hop, another 40-50 gallons.  
And by then, you'll be pretty hungry and you will fit right in!

I believe its rake-a-vick or rake-ja-vick.
Have you seen the fuel prices for those stops?

I would like to go but my manual gear motor is striped out and in need of an inspect and repair as necessary or an overhaul.  I'll find out the middle of December mechanic I mean doctor goes in and looks around.  I wont be flying by myself until the end of March at the earliest.:(  I don't plan on getting in the plane until the end of Feb. :(

We will have to schedule a repeat of this meting in April.

I did go flying the other day with my buddy and I was able to work the gear pretty well needed just a little help to put the gear down.

12 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

I would like to go but my manual gear motor is striped out and in need of an inspect and repair as necessary or an overhaul.  I'll find out the middle of December mechanic I mean doctor goes in and looks around.  I wont be flying by myself until the end of March at the earliest.:(  I don't plan on getting in the plane until the end of Feb. :(

I had that done a few years ago. Bastich took 1/4" off the outer end of my collar bone "while he was in there," because it was a little pointy. Surgery was mid-Dec. Told me not to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 90 days . . . When I was good to do that, he said that most of my "discomfort" had been from the bone work and that without it I'd have been fully recovered already.

Here's hoping your "look-see" goes well, and that you're out of the sling quickly! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, we may need push back a couple of weeks for the meeting.  Our Mooney is getting some avionics installed so we won't have it out of the shop by then.  How about the end of January?  Lets look at the last Saturday in January.  Any takers?

36 minutes ago, Pilotja5 said:

Hey Everyone, we may need push back a couple of weeks for the meeting.  Our Mooney is getting some avionics installed so we won't have it out of the shop by then.  How about the end of January?  Lets look at the last Saturday in January.  Any takers?

If you decide on Cullman I may decide to fly down

make it the second saturday of Jan, and just head a little further south and join the Florida Mooney Lunch group at Leesburg, where Dave and Ruth Taisch also invites all to their home to see Ruth's fantastic garden train

Would be fun, but Leesburg is a bit far for a lunch run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

I flew up to Shelby county a few times transitioning a new acclaim owner. Easy trip!

The first airshow I ever went to, when I was 8, was at Shelby County.  I still have the program that I got the pilots of the coca-cola aerobatic flying team to autograph 26 years later.  Think that may have been when I fell down the rabbit hole.

• Like 1