Mooney Pilots at KLZU or KPDK

Brandon

Hello all! I am a lifelong aviation enthusiast who lives in Atlanta and is finally taking flight lessons. KLZU is where I’m currently training and I was speaking to my flight instructor this morning who said we have quite a few Mooney’s in the area. I’ve never seen one (as I sit at Gwinnett Aero and plane spot when I have free time) but I would love to meet some Mooney pilots in the area and check out your planes! 

• 3 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 2:06 PM, Brandon said:

Hello all! I am a lifelong aviation enthusiast who lives in Atlanta and is finally taking flight lessons. KLZU is where I’m currently training and I was speaking to my flight instructor this morning who said we have quite a few Mooney’s in the area. I’ve never seen one (as I sit at Gwinnett Aero and plane spot when I have free time) but I would love to meet some Mooney pilots in the area and check out your planes! 

Hello Brandon. Were you able meet any Mooney Pilots/Owners in the Atlanta area? 

All I am currently a student pilot stationed (active duty) in Jacksonville, FL working on my PPL... I am looking to meet any and all Mooney pilots and or owners to get perspective of life in "Mooney Land". I appreciate you all's time and patience.  

AJ

1 hour ago, Huggy Br said:

I see that 8GA8 is private, Is there membership fees there? 

It's a little fly-in community, resident and visitor use only.

There's tons of private strips down here on the southside of Atlanta.  You can throw a stick and it will land on a grass airstrip