Fatal Carbon Monoxide Crash

DanM20C

39 minutes ago, Junkman said:

@DanM20C Hey Dan, I think you're keeping a rough count of your impact on CO detector acquisitions? I gifted one to each of the two instructors I worked with last week during an accelerated commercial course in Waterloo Iowa, and they have promised to encourage all of their students to use the discount code and get one. Your influence continues to spread, my friend.

Cheers,
Rick

Thanks Rick!  I wish I had known you were in Waterloo, I would have flown down and had lunch or dinner with you.   Did you take your check ride with Tim?  

Cheers,

Dan

Yes, and I'm still here waiting for ceilings to lift so I can get home. Probably won't be going anywhere until mid day tomorrow at the earliest, probably not until Wednesday morning. I can get around/above the icing here, but not down through it in overcast STL, so need to wait until I can go under it at a reasonable altitude. No scud running for this old pilot.

Cheers,
Rick

6 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:
45 minutes ago, exM20K said:

My 231 would melt stuff with the heater output.... 

My Rocket seems like it has superb heat when its -10C OAT.  But I tell you when it gets down to -30C or below....not enough.

Same in my car...car heat seems pretty good...but when it gets to -30C...not good enough.

My 231's heater turns my fuel valve into a branding iron:o.  But I have two major air leaks into the cabin so it's not enough at -10c. 

No CO though!

Dan

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Junkman said:

@DanM20C Hey Dan, I think you're keeping a rough count of your impact on CO detector acquisitions? I gifted one to each of the two instructors I worked with last week during an accelerated commercial course in Waterloo Iowa, and they have promised to encourage all of their students to use the discount code and get one. Your influence continues to spread, my friend.

Cheers,
Rick

I bought two and gifted one to a neighbor for his airplane.

• Thanks 1

I heard a talk at the Mooney Summit in Panama City Beach in 2018 by the contributor.  Not thinking about it in the past, the talk struck home and I purchased the Sensorcon unit the next day.  We check the CO on every flight along with O2 levels since we fly in the mid teens.  Highly recommend the unit and if you were to hear about his ordeal, you would get a unit immediately.  Thanks Dan 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Come on down! Christmas by the lake . . . . where the water is liquid . . . .

We have lakes.  Lots of lakes.  Oh wait - you said liquid lakes?  Never mind.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.... just like the ones I used to know!

Well I've gotten some nice cross country skiing 9 days during the last 2 weeks - with my little buddy.  We're surviving the cold somehow....

IMG_3220.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 2