Hawaii. Nice.

Mcstealth

57 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

Well, it is my first time in Hawaii, but not under good circumstances. My dad took ill on a cruise ship and got off board here in Hawaii so I came to help. I have made it to a bar though. :-) When I'm not at the hospital, what should I go and see?

Where in Hawaii ? If Honolulu, go see the USS Arizona memorial. It is worth going up to the north shore and having a shaved ice. Go to the Dole plantation and have pineapple ice cream. Also book a 172 and a flight instructor at George's to fly around the island. Let the CFI handle the radios and be your tour guide. I just did that a couple of weeks ago, the 3rd time I have while there. When I go somewhere interesting, if I think to book it, I do that on many trips. The most memorable was in New Zealand. Here are a few pictures from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_9271.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

IMG_9274.jpg

IMG_9275.jpg

IMG_9281.jpg

IMG_9270.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your dad, David. Hope everything works out well, soon.

Glad to hear that you are getting away from the hospital. Ken's idea of flying with an instructor is a good one. I did that in Alaska, by prearrangement. It will relax you and clear your mind like nothing else.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

Prayers for a quick recovery.

(from the people that fly the planes, That David’s dad had a hand in building)

Did I get that detail right?

Best regards,

-a-

Yes we are in the jungle of buildings in Honolulu. Can’t even tell you are on a tropical island from here.

All letters after A and before J had my dads fingerprints on them. He stared upstairs as a one of their draftsman? Drawing schematics or something like that? He hand drew/engineered a round fuselage for the M22 when they were arguing about the problems about pressurizing a roll cage. He got moved at some point down to the floor, which he loved. He wanted to punch Lopresti in the mouth for some reason but I think he was already gone from Mooney at that time. Need to get that story out of him. 

Got a rental car. Going to drive around today. See if I can see the water. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KLRDMD said:

Where in Hawaii ? If Honolulu, go see the USS Arizona memorial. It is worth going up to the north shore and having a shaved ice. Go to the Dole plantation and have pineapple ice cream. Also book a 172 and a flight instructor at George's to fly around the island. Let the CFI handle the radios and be your tour guide. I just did that a couple of weeks ago, the 3rd time I have while there. When I go somewhere interesting, if I think to book it, I do that on many trips. The most memorable was in New Zealand. Here are a few pictures from Hawaii a couple of weeks ago.

Great idea. Thanks. Let’s see if I can swing it.