Looking for someone to partner on an early 2000's Ovation in South Florida

Davidv

I'm about to purchase a late 90's early 2000's Ovation and would prefer to find a good partner who want to buy a 50% share.  I'll be basing the plane at either HWO or OPF (if I can find the space).  Please let me know if interested!

David

27 minutes ago, Davidv said:

I'm about to purchase a late 90's early 2000's Ovation and would prefer to find a good partner who want to buy a 50% share.  I'll be basing the plane at either HWO or OPF (if I can find the space).  Please let me know if interested!

David

I've been attempting to find a partner for my '83 J model up here in Boca Raton. It's not an easy process, although you may have better luck with an Ovation.

Yes, I can imagine - given all of the fixed costs, I'd rather get more airplane and split it with someone.  Finding a hangar South of Pompano is almost as challenging!  I'm all the way down in Miami otherwise I'd take a look at your J...

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard, David.

Too early to post pics of the plane?

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks!  Yes, I've had a few that I was looking at but the ones that I like keep getting sold quickly!  I was looking at early year Ovations (around 1997-1999) but if I had  a partner, that opens up the door to Ovation 2's in the 2001-2005 years.  It seems a lot of people are in the market for a late 90's model so every one with little to no damage history seems to go quick...

Edited by Davidv

21 hours ago, carusoam said:

Inviting @fantom to the discussion.... seeing if he longs for the days of Mooney...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks, my friend. Having owned my prior Mooney, myself, for 20 years, a plane partnership makes me more uncomfortable than marriage, although I lucked out on that score.

A 2004/5 Ovation DX in pristine condition would, however, be tempting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2018 at 12:20 PM, fantom said:

Thanks, my friend. Having owned my prior Mooney, myself, for 20 years, a plane partnership makes me more uncomfortable than marriage, although I lucked out on that score.

A 2004/5 Ovation DX in pristine condition would, however, be tempting.

Truer words could not be spoken.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:27 PM, Davidv said:

Thanks!  Yes, I've had a few that I was looking at but the ones that I like keep getting sold quickly!  I was looking at early year Ovations (around 1997-1999) but if I had  a partner, that opens up the door to Ovation 2's in the 2001-2005 years.  It seems a lot of people are in the market for a late 90's model so every one with little to no damage history seems to go quick...

There are good reasons for the demand on mid to late 90's Ovations. Of course lower price, but the original Mooney SigmaTek engine instruments are much more desirable than the Moritz gauges, The SigmaTek can be replaced one at a time if they go bad. (I have a '93 M20M with the SigmaTek and finally after 25 years the Oil Pressure instrument went out. I bought only a new Old Stock one from @jgarrison for $175 and was good to go). Once the Moritz gauges start going, and they will, it's time for a new JPI-900 or 930 or an EI MVP-50 since you can't replace a gauge at a time, its al all or nothing deal. As a band-aid some have added EI individual instruments to their panel to get by in the meantime. To do it right involves cutting a new panel and  is at least a $10,000 project minimum, but this is the time when people also start doing other upgrades "as long as we're in there". The prior owner to an 2000 Ovation that I owned turned the Moritz gauge failure into a $40,000+ project. He got virtually none of that back when he sold the airplane. Some people eventually replace the SigmaTek instruments with a JPI or EI primary - but it's because they want to, not because they have to,

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, LANCECASPER said:

There are good reasons for the demand on mid to late 90's Ovations. Of course lower price, but the original Mooney SigmaTek engine instruments are much more desirable than the Moritz gauges, The SigmaTek can be replaced one at a time if they go bad. (I have a '93 M20M with the SigmaTek and finally after 25 years the Oil Pressure instrument went out. I bought only a new Old Stock one from @jgarrison for $175 and was good to go). Once the Moritz gauges start going, and they will, it's time for a new JPI-900 or 930 or an EI MVP-50 since you can't replace a gauge at a time, its al all or nothing deal. As a band-aid some have added EI individual instruments to their panel to get by in the meantime. To do it right involves cutting a new panel and  is at least a $10,000 project minimum, but this is the time when people also start doing other upgrades "as long as we're in there". The prior owner to an 2000 Ovation that I owned turned the Moritz gauge failure into a $40,000+ project. He got virtually none of that back when he sold the airplane. Some people eventually replace the SigmaTek instruments with a JPI or EI primary - but it's because they want to, not because they have to,

I have a 98 which is the year before the Moritz gauges. Were all the long bodies and/or Mooney’s generally 98 and earlier equipped with Sigma tek?