AME GoFundMe in Canada

GLJA

Hey Guys, 

Normally, I wouldn't post anything like this, but hit a little too close to home this time. Jon Fromm is my AME. I called him on Monday(my birthday)  to see if he was able to put my log books back in my aircraft, after completing a Fuel Sender Overhaul. He didn't answer, and called back a few minutes later. Conversation was:
"Hi Jon"
"Hi Chris. How are you?"
"I'm doing great! How are you?"
"Not worth a $hit."
"What's wrong? You sick"
"No. My wife died yesterday from a brain aneurysm she had on Thursday."

After some apologies and "sorry for your loss", he said he'd have my log book back by the next day. Told him to forget about it, and there's more important things to worry about. When I asked him if there was anything I could do, he told me "Yes. Forget about it and have a Happy Birthday."

Well, I can't forget about it. He's helped me out with finding a hangar, fixing minor sqwaks on the aircraft. Getting me in the air, and full of incredible information. Most of the time for free. 

So, this is my pay it forward. I've already donated, and thought I"d post the Newspaper artucle and GoFundMe for him and his family:

https://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/gofundme-account-set-up-for-large-springbrook-family/?fbclid=IwAR0OmQ6aQ5tVI501DIUULYj7-ENemLEfMwMPuVPLp7ZpvLj0gmpSblWIdyg

I never met his wife. But, she ended up being an organ donor, and helping save the lives of at least 3 other individuals through her selfless wishes. 

If you can give, Great! If not, please remember that life is too short, you never know what could happen, and cherish every day. 

Safe flying, and clear skies, and tailwinds.

- Chris. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

Really admire and respect what your doing for your friend and AME!

His Sister in Law put up the GoFundMe page. I've only known Jon for maybe 6 months. But, he helped me through looking for a plane, what to look for, hangar, a small oil gauge leak, the fuel servo, discussion on eventual panel upgrades.... It's just a minor item for me to post about it. 
He's a knowledgeable Mooney guy (I don't remember the last time I walked into his hangar and didn't see a Mooney there for Annual), and seems to be the "go to" guy for these aircraft around my parts. 
I've been too close to tragedy over the past year (Humboldt Bus Crash was on highways I used to travel as an Athletic Therapist in a previous career). I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford to fly, own my own plane, live a comfortable lifestyle, and not "overly" worry about money. Donating a little to help someone in need has been something my wife and I have both agreed we need to do more of, because of how fortunate we are (she refuses to read the article, because she knows she'll cry for days about it).