mooney m20 e chaparral for sale $74,500 1578TTAF one of a kind

shadowking42

For me, when shopping for an airworthy Mooney, the most important items are 

1. Regular use
  2. Autopilot
  3. WAAS GPS

*disclaimer for the usual deal killer items such as corrosion

I wouldn't spend money on a plane that didn't meet those. But that's just me... not a reflection of the market as a whole. I don't include engine monitor or ADS-B because those are relatively inexpensive to add. And I'd like to have the specific capabilities and would likely add them myself anyway. E.g. with my 252 I pulled out the EDM700 and installed an EDM900.

This particular E failed on all three of those items. So for me, it wasn't worth much. But evidently he found a buyer who had different priorities. If I ever sell my Mooney, I hope to find someone with the same priorities I have.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, carusoam said:

When it comes to pricing machines...

1) What will the market allow?

[snip]

25) the cooler thing is... there are a few MSers that have completely restored their own Mooney to better than new condition...

That takes a modicum of financial sense... and a great spouse!   :)

A PP’s list of Things to think about if plane pricing has you feeling down...

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, as a guy who enjoys your thoughtful lists, is 25 a personal best?  :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Frank B. said:

The new owner must not have liked it after he bought it and has listed it on Barnstormers.

https://www.barnstormers.com/ad_manager/listing.php?id=1420979

Hmmm.  Ad has same name and phone number as in the OP.  Similar sales pitch as well.  So, It hasn’t sold.  Looks like a nice plane for someone...

• 1 month later...

I have met the owner, shadowking42, and he was very nice to me. I’ve also seen the plane- it’s beautiful. As a matter of fact I had a deposit on it a few years back but had to cancel due to illness. I got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis and haven’t flown since. Anyway, I’d love to own that Mooney.

Shadowking42, I now have basic med so if you want to sell it to me, you have my number. I love that plane...

• Confused 1