mooney m20 e chaparral for sale $74,500 1578TTAF one of a kind

shadowking42

mooney chaparral 1969 m20e serial #690069. 1578 ttaf, 242tte. recent annual 8/18. low time original mooney. this plane could be the finest near original mooney chaparral in existence. electric landing gear and electric flaps. take a close look at these pictures to see how magnificent this plane is inside and out. 90% original paint and interior. always hangered, very well i repeat very well maintained. logbooks are very complete and in excellent order. lasar mods, no damage history, and a new hartzell scimitar propeller. 1578 ttaf, 115 ttpsn, 242 tte, io 360aia lycoming serial # l6640-51a, kx155 nav/com, garmin gnc 300xl gps, kma 24 audio panel, narco at150 transponder, sigtronics spa 400 four place intercom, king vor glidscope.  a must see. call anytime: john 727-470-1141  

DSCN1082.JPG

DSCN1115.JPG

DSCN1081.JPG

DSCN1083.JPG

DSCN1084.JPG

DSCN1087.JPG

DSCN1098.JPG

DSCN1106.JPG

DSCN1110.JPG

DSCN1062.JPG

DSCN1067.JPG

DSCN1069.JPG

DSCN1072.JPG

DSCN1125.JPG

DSCN1128.JPG

DSCN1130.JPG

DSCN1142.JPG

DSCN1143.JPG

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN1144.JPG

20181101224532_00001A.jpg

DSCN1216.JPG

• Like 4

• shadowking42 changed the title to mooney m20 e chaparral for sale 1578TTAF one of a kind
  • shadowking42 changed the title to mooney m20 e chaparral for sale $74,500 1578TTAF one of a kind
13 minutes ago, Freemasm said:

That was original equipment. Later drop test and subsequent drawing change allowed for their removal IIRC. Seeing one again is actually strange/rare. 

I got rid of mine a few years ago when I bought an OH/exchange gear truss from LASAR. New truss had no provisions for the dampener. Honestly, I wish I still had it. It did a fair job of mellowing the rubbery feeling of the nose gear.  I pull my plane over a small parking mat and the rebound jolt after going over the chock is much harsher now.

to reply to the post of steingar, thank you for the compliment. i am sure most all m20e's would sell for less but very few are as nice, a waas can be added. can a plane like this be duplicated? to reply to the above post from m20doc who is sitting in his mothers basement wearing a wife beater who thinks he knows all. my AP and IA mechanic says you are wrong. clamp must have padding and under the padding must be inspected for line cracks. clamps are correct and cracks have been inspected and signed off.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, shadowking42 said:

to reply to the post of steingar, thank you for the compliment. i am sure most all m20e's would sell for less but very few are as nice, a waas can be added. can a plane like this be duplicated? to reply to the above post from m20doc who is sitting in his mothers basement wearing a wife beater who thinks he knows all. my AP and IA mechanic says you are wrong. clamp must have padding and under the padding must be inspected for line cracks. clamps are correct and cracks have been inspected and signed off.

Always good to think before you speak...

You have just demonstrated a certain lack of knowledge that an MS member clearly has.

Starting a pissing match in the middle of your own for sale thread probably isn’t a wise idea.

Is this your first time selling something?  Need some help with marketing?

We have MSers that can give you a hand or do that for you.

Help yourself out, remove your negativity, and find out what isn’t proper in your pics...

Leave out the rest of the negativity that is welling up inside, it isn’t goin to help your cause.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

Wow... some folks just don't think before they post. It wouldn't have taken more than a few minutes of reading @M20Doc posts on this forum to realize that there are few if any A&P/AI's anywhere in the world, who know as much about the care and maintenance of vintage Mooneys as he does.

• Like 7

On 12/1/2018 at 5:36 PM, M20Doc said:

The clamps on the fuel injection lines don’t meet the requirements of the AD and S/B, making it unairworthy.

Clarence

Great catch, I clamps were a bit close together, but didn't even notice the sleeves until you posted. 

Brian

2 hours ago, shadowking42 said:

Thank you for the compliments, but I don’t wear wife beater T shirts, and my mother passed away some years ago, again thanks for your kind words.

To the issue at hand, the FAA issued AD 2015-19-97 (one of many covering the subject) which drives you to compliance with Lycoming SB 342G.  Portions attached for your education. You may wish to discuss with your maintainer.

The clamps in your photo appear to be MS21919WJC series as applicable to tube diameter.  Please note that the SB calls for use of Lycoming p/n LW-16266-10-13 and LW-16266-10-75,  items 35 and 39 in the SB parts list.  These are steel clamps with black rubber cushions.  Yours appear to be stainless steel clamps with blue silicone cushions.  

If you or your maintainer have an AMOC for use of these clamps, I rescind my comment about airworthiness with my apologies.  Please post it as other would surely use it.

In the absence of an AMOC my comments stand.

Clarence

394EF429-D4F2-414B-AE82-DDFA4096FCD5.png

EEF46392-655B-4B44-ABE4-E3C728B2D222.png

3689F28F-635A-44D8-811E-B958119451D0.png

3E9D7008-5E51-4836-AF69-FE558798A0C5.png

31C81843-2A87-4D47-A54B-4237E5FE59C3.png

10 hours ago, M20Doc said:

If you or your maintainer have an AMOC for use of these clamps, I rescind my comment about airworthiness with my apologies.  Please post it as other would surely use it.

In the absence of an AMOC my comments stand.

Clarence

Your level response and continued willingness to help has increased the already considerable respect I have for you, sir.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2