$100 Burger

bob865

FWIW, there is a site that does pretty much this function, but it is a bit klunky in that it is not maintained to be 100% reliable info.   Some of the data is stale, but there are also very recent reviews of listed places.  Nevertheless, it's a decent resource:

http://www.fly2lunch.com

Florida locations.

KVRB Vero Beach.                      CJ Cannons 

KSEF Sebring                              Runway Cafe  One, of my favorite spots.

KOCF Ocala.                               Tailwind Cafe

KEVB New Smyrna Beach.       Airgate Cafe and Lost Lagoon    Airgate is know for fresh, quality food. I was there today and was very                 pleased.

KSPG Albert Whitted.                The Hangar Restaurant   $10 Ramp fee or minimum fuel purchase required.

KVNC Venice.                              Suncoast Cafe

KFIN Flagler                                 High Jackers      

X60 Williston                               Pyper Kub        X60 typically has some of the lowest self serve fuel prices in the state.

KLAL Lakeland                           Hallbacks Bar & Grill      Made the “Dirty Dining” list in May 2018 and was temporarily closed due to live roaches.

KDED Deland                               The Perfect Spot and the Airport Restaurant & Gin Mill. Both are on the field. Try the French Dip at the Gin Mill.

These are the places that I know of. We like to do the $100 hamburger runs in our Skyhawk.

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, bob865 said:

I need to do some data clean up, but here is the alpha version of the google map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12dwNoTTjZ2MeJEpHApxktguTtlaFYuwa&usp=sharing

KSSI has GREAT BBQ (southern soul), it's a 3-5 min walk from the FBO doors. Friendly and newly renovated FBO too. Good spot just south of Savannah. 

KTZR- JP's Barbecue

KOSU- Barnstormers, they serve up a really good breakfast

I74- Airport cafe- good diner food, awesome pies

KPMH- Skyline restaurant, also diner, also good pies

KPCW-Tin Goose Diner, real live diner too

3W2-Put in Bay, rent a golf cart or take the bus

KMGW-Ali Baba Restaurant

KLUK- Skygalley Restauant

Edited by steingar

KHAF...halfmoon bay airport...after landing rw 30 taxi all the way back to approach end of 30 to parking area just eastWalk thru pass thru gate over the bridge to the harbor.Best  grilled crab sour dough sandwichs in the world are at the Ketch Joanne at the harbor entrance 1000 ft from RW.

Edited by thinwing

Just now, thinwing said:

KHAF...halfmoon bay airport...after landing rw 30 taxi all the way back to approach end of 30 to parking area just eastWalk thru pass thru gate over the bridge to the harbor.Beat grilled crab sour dough sandwichs in the word are at the Ketch Joanne at the harbor entrance 1000 ft from RW.

Oh yeah! This might be the best $100 hamburger location in the country. Or at least the best one I've been to.

10 minutes ago, thinwing said:

KHAF...halfmoon bay airport...after landing rw 30 taxi all the way back to approach end of 30 to parking area just eastWalk thru pass thru gate over the bridge to the harbor.Best  grilled crab sour dough sandwichs in the world are at the Ketch Joanne at the harbor entrance 1000 ft from RW. 

Got it.  Here is the map and source spreadsheet if someone wants to help fill in the missing data

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tHcpix8WYTFXo3nimcdXYTU4s0uKHXgikNXiG1tddoc/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12dwNoTTjZ2MeJEpHApxktguTtlaFYuwa&usp=sharing

24 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Oh yeah! This might be the best $100 hamburger location in the country. Or at least the best one I've been to.

Plus my wife loves all the shops on the way...her favorite is mavericks surf shop of all places....she keeps eyeing the surfers shooting 35 ft waves just off shore!

• Like 1

From the Heartland:

KALN - Alton IL, High Flyers Grille. GREAT pizza, good beer selection for an overnight stay. Mississippi River town

KCGI - Cape Girardeau MO (Birthplace of Rush Limbaugh), Sandy's Place Restaurant. Not bad breakfast and lunch on the weekends, no breakfast during the week.

Cheers,
Rick

I added some local hot spots in the CT area and made some minor corrections.  It was not obvious to me if the Google map was intended to link to the spreadsheet.  This is nice though.  

There is a web site that does this too:  http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/.  It requires a small fee, but being in the Mooney CB club has prevented me from spending the 99 cents.  I also often use Foreflight, but in this exercise I noticed that some of my favorites aren’t listed.  Not sure how Foreflight gets populated.