PPI near KGIF

Alexm

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update regarding my prospective purchase. I have been in contact with Phil Jimenez & he will be doing my PPI essentially an annual for me. As the deal goes on I will be posting pics of the aircraft. Thank you all again. 

I am also in the market for one right now and was hoping to purchase locally (I'm in MA) but there are so many more down south.  I'll be very interested in hearing your experience with the PPI/Phil and the broker (if the seller is using one).I am also in the market for one right now and was hoping to purchase locally (I'm in MA) but there are so many more down south.  I'll be very interested in hearing your experience with the PPI/Phil and the broker (if the seller is using one).

Best of luck with your purchase.

-Steve

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

When everything goes through successfully...

Will you be needing Transition Training to bring it home?

TT is Something people do to avoid any mishaps on the long X-country...

Best regards,

-a-

I will defiantly be doing 5-10 hours of transition training. My plan is to do that in sunny Fla. then cross country it to N.H. If anyone can recommend a top guy please do. 

1 hour ago, Steve_B said:

I am also in the market for one right now and was hoping to purchase locally (I'm in MA) but there are so many more down south.  I'll be very interested in hearing your experience with the PPI/Phil and the broker (if the seller is using one).I am also in the market for one right now and was hoping to purchase locally (I'm in MA) but there are so many more down south.  I'll be very interested in hearing your experience with the PPI/Phil and the broker (if the seller is using one).

Best of luck with your purchase.

-Steve

I will keep this thread going with the transition. 

2 hours ago, Alexm said:

I will defiantly be doing 5-10 hours of transition training. My plan is to do that in sunny Fla. then cross country it to N.H. If anyone can recommend a top guy please do. 

@mike_elliott is based in Tarpon Springs, Master CFII with a bazillion hours and a really great guy.

Hello all. A little update on this post. Looks like I will be closing this Monday on N201DY. You will have seen this ac in the classifieds & I am fortunate to be the new owner. The deal was arduous at best & mentally exhausting for reasons that I may explain another day. The great news is I will be handing it over to Phil Jimenez for a thorough shakedown & annual. Also I have talked with Mike Elliot for transition training. I wish to thank all that have assisted with advice regarding my questions. I am very happy & look forward to becoming a part of the Mooney community. Cheers & best to all. Here are some pics. 

M20 paint2.jpg

M20E avionics.jpg

Mooney seats.jpg

37071353_1896157563782165_7360617370227834880_o.jpg

m20 frnt.jpg

M20 ext.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, we've been watching this one for awhile. It sure is a beautifully updated E model. I'm betting you won't want to say, but we're all gonna be curious as hell about what you paid for it. We saw it when it first came on the market and just thought it was ridiculously over priced for an E. But then watched as the asking price was reduced several times. 

I'm sure we're all hoping that you got a great deal on it... and at the same time hope you paid plenty and it indicates an increase in the value of the entire fleet. ;)

22 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Wow, we've been watching this one for awhile. It sure is a beautifully updated E model. I'm betting you won't want to say, but we're all gonna be curious as hell about what you paid for it. We saw it when it first came on the market and just thought it was ridiculously over priced for an E. But then watched as the asking price was reduced several times. 

I'm sure we're all hoping that you got a great deal on it... and at the same time hope you paid plenty and it indicates an increase in the value of the entire fleet. ;)

The plane sold for 120K. In my opinion a fair price. The owner is taking a beating as his investment in that ac topped 250K. I see your title GSXR refers to a certain Suzuki race machine. I have some experience in that world. 

20140110_134303.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Alexm said:

The plane sold for 120K. In my opinion a fair price. The owner is taking a beating as his investment in that ac topped 250K. I see your title GSXR refers to a certain Suzuki race machine. I have some experience in that world. 

20140110_134303.jpg

Love it! I no longer have the bike, but certainly do miss it. I've still got the leathers hanging in the closet. I'd need to put new pucks on if I was to suit up again. 

I'll agree with you I think this is a fair price for that M20E. The owner certainly spared no expense in the upgrading of it. Hopefully we'll see it up close some day. Bring it to Oshkosh 2019! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Love it! I no longer have the bike, but certainly do miss it. I've still got the leathers hanging in the closet. I'd need to put new pucks on if I was to suit up again. 

I'll agree with you I think this is a fair price for that M20E. The owner certainly spared no expense in the upgrading of it. Hopefully we'll see it up close some day. Bring it to Oshkosh 2019! 

Alex will most definitely get a Mooney Summit VII invite. Alex, I look forward to working with you.

• Like 3

Quick update all. I am OFFICIALLY  the new owner  of N201DY. It is a dream come true for me. Next step is 39 days till I retire on my 55 Birthday. Then spend a whole bunch of time flying this pretty bird & learning from the best. Found a hanger at 5M3 about 5 miles from the new retirement compound so when I am ready I will do a great cross country south to north.

M20 paint.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hello & Happy 2019 to all. Another update, training with Mike Elliot beginning of Feb. Heading down 29 Jan & will be sitting in the plane with an aux power unit to familiarize myself with every aspect of the aircraft. To say I am excited would be an understatement. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:16 AM, carusoam said:

Hmmmm...

There has got to be an interesting story in here...

Retiring, as a plan, at 55...

And... your retirement plane is an M20E... a great retirement option.

That is a succes story! :)

What’s next?

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the kind words Carusoam. Yes it is an interesting story, mostly due to hard work, living within my means when I was younger, starting a 401K in my 20's (Thanks Dad) for the advice. Not getting married or more importantly divorced etc. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 8:24 AM, Alexm said:

Hello & Happy 2019 to all. Another update, training with Mike Elliot beginning of Feb. Heading down 29 Jan & will be sitting in the plane with an aux power unit to familiarize myself with every aspect of the aircraft. To say I am excited would be an understatement. 

Thanks for the kind words Carusoam. Yes it is an interesting story, mostly due to hard work, living within my means when I was younger, starting a 401K in my 20's (Thanks Dad) for the advice. Not getting married or more importantly divorced etc. Cheers.

You hit the nail(s)on the head on the keys to an early retirement! Congrats!

• Thanks 1