cliffy

The AV 30 Looks Good

I'll be in ABQ on Monday and "may" be able to stop by the factory and see what's up. 

I'll report back if I get in. 

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, Skates97 said:

That's the same place I am planning on putting it.

But that's where my Remote Compass is, and below it is the Carb Temp gage. I am very panel-space-restricted!

Looking forward to your PIREP Cliffy!!!  I have been watching this company, looks like some great products!

Back from long trip

Was able to get to the "factory". We're talking small start up here BUT they seem to be doing it right

Everything is being designed from the ground up with a PMA in mind. The  Feds like that. 

BTW, this is NOT their first rodeo. They were involved from the ground up with another aviation panel maker. 

The unit looks good, well thought out and made. They have an IA on staff who knows what he is doing also. These will be a simple swap out for the old AI and DG. With the different screens available, you can use what you like on the presentation. Much better than buying a new or overhauled vacuum AI or DG. Keep things simple and cheaper but with new electronic goodies in the panel. 

All in all its going to be a winner I think. Keeping the "old school" panel look but having new electronic instrumentation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cliffy said:

Back from long trip

Was able to get to the "factory". We're talking small start up here BUT they seem to be doing it right

Everything is being designed from the ground up with a PMA in mind. The  Feds like that. 

BTW, this is NOT their first rodeo. They were involved from the ground up with another aviation panel maker. 

The unit looks good, well thought out and made. They have an IA on staff who knows what he is doing also. These will be a simple swap out for the old AI and DG. With the different screens available, you can use what you like on the presentation. Much better than buying a new or overhauled vacuum AI or DG. Keep things simple and cheaper but with new electronic goodies in the panel. 

All in all its going to be a winner I think. Keeping the "old school" panel look but having new electronic instrumentation. 

Thanks for the update Cliffy. Count me in as an early adopter of this product. I can't wait to be rid of the entire vacuum system.

10 hours ago, cliffy said:

Back from long trip

Cliff, any chance Jeff Bethel will add a D/A converter to talk to the KF/AP 150 AP's so it could be used as a replacement for the ever failing fine swiss watch KI256's, or did AP interfacing options come up? We know he can do it, He and Pete Lyons did it as Aspen. Even PTK is getting worn down on waiting for the vapoKi 300

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Cliff, any chance Jeff Bethel will add a D/A converter to talk to the KF/AP 150 AP's so it could be used as a replacement for the ever failing fine swiss watch KI256's, or did AP interfacing options come up? We know he can do it, He and Pete Lyons did it as Aspen. Even PTK is getting worn down on waiting for the vapoKi 300

My PI has provided some pictures on the whereabouts of Peter Garmin. Snapped a shot of him sitting in his car outside of the BK warehouse checking the BK website. 

elderly-man-sitting-on-the-back-seat-in-car-driving-to-the-office-entrepreneur-holding-touch-screen--ndly-conversation-and-negotiation-remote-uning-intern.thumb.png.385664ac2ec03edcb12d7e0a09db03a6.png

Bad news for him, the PI also snapped a picture inside of the warehouse.

warehouse.thumb.jpg.e849eacd7e023b818fb83345d7e2ca8e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mike  we didn't talk about that Looks like their full focus is on getting the basic units out first