Retract step travel

You retractable step guys should update to newer technology and get a fixed step! My 68F step is always the same height when I get in or out!  And don’t tell me I’m losing 5 knots in drag!  I’ll make up 10 knots by removing my vacuum pump when the G5 is installed! :)

Edited by Ragsf15e
  • Like 1

Just now, Ragsf15e said:

You retractable step guys should update to newer technology and get a fixed step! My 68F step is always the same height when I get in or out!  And don’t tell me I’m losing 5 knots in drag!  I’ll make up 10 by  my vacuum pump when the G5s are installed! :)

but you lose 12-15 knots based on posts I've read.  :D

You retractable step guys should update to newer technology and get a fixed step! My 68F step is always the same height when I get in or out!  And don’t tell me I’m losing 5 knots in drag!  I’ll make up 10 knots by removing my vacuum pump when the G5 is installed! 
Wait it's cool to have a retractable step. I'm wiring in an auto start next.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Maybe more depending on how big the passengers are who use the step!  Seriously though..l you know a new fixed one is $1 amu from lasar?!  Mine was pretty crappy looking, but my mech fixed it all up and painted it like new for much less!  

Go electric!

http://flightenhancements.com/index.html

Use caution when cleaning the old grease off the wound up flat spring... the grease turns into rocks like the trim tube grease does...

The spring likes to go wild if allowed out of its cage....

I found out about the wild spring while cleaning the one in my 65C...

When testing the all the way up and all the way down limits... I pushed the step up into the hole... and the spring went wild.... :)

There are two configurations that the spring likes to take....

• flat and wound up round... (less preferred by nature)
  • twisted the long way... (more preferred by nature)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

20 hours ago, carusoam said:

Go electric!

http://flightenhancements.com/index.html

Use caution when cleaning the old grease off the wound up flat spring... the grease turns into rocks like the trim tube grease does...

The spring likes to go wild if allowed out of its cage....

I found out about the wild spring while cleaning the one in my 65C...

When testing the all the way up and all the way down limits... I pushed the step up into the hole... and the spring went wild.... :)

There are two configurations that the spring likes to take....

• flat and wound up round... (less preferred by nature)
  • twisted the long way... (more preferred by nature)

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the plug, Anthony!  As a note, our electric actuator kit for the crank replacement includes a new extension spring.  This could likely be used on the pneumatic conversion, replacing the flat spring.  So, for those ordering our pneumatic conversion kit, if you have spring problems, let me know.  Don’t know that our spring would work for a purely pneumatic  system, since it requires more of a pull to overcome and get the step up.