Mooney

Could have gone with... it has everything but the FIKI system!  :)

Nice ship!

If you are tuning your spec sheet...

The T/O distance @max weight looks like 310hp specs...

The prop looks like a 310hp addition...

The ad clearly states... 280hp...

Typical 280hp O gets off the ground in 1200’ (lightly loaded)

Just trying to be helpful.  Happy to delete this message if it is un appreciated...

Fuzzy memories of an O owner...

Let me know...

Best regards,

-a-

Refer to this aircraft's Performance & Warranty Page from the Engine Log - attached. All performance information for this aircraft was extracted from this entry. This Ovation engine is equipped with an IO-550G motor rated at 280-HP, not 310-HP. Thank you for your comments.  

IMG_1112 (1).JPG

5 hours ago, 000 said:

Refer to this aircraft's Performance & Warranty Page from the Engine Log - attached. All performance information for this aircraft was extracted from this entry. This Ovation engine is equipped with an IO-550G motor rated at 280-HP, not 310-HP. Thank you for your comments.  

IMG_1112 (1).JPG

I also would have said the 310 STC but I guess I would have been wrong. I have not read the whole thing, but did the three bladed prop get added because of owner desire or was there another reason?

3 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

I also would have said the 310 STC but I guess I would have been wrong. I have not read the whole thing, but did the three bladed prop get added because of owner desire or was there another reason?

I think the DX (2004) was the last year of the Mac 2 blade. The top prop was used on all later models iirc. The Ovation 2 was 280 and the Ovation 3 had the stc 310. 

Most of the 2000-2004 2 blade units have been swapped out. They were really fast and efficient but you had to get out and push the plane down the runway ;)

• Like 1