ARI mod and Wing Landing lights?

Still wanting Dave’s cowl but saw a ARI on eBay in the Houston area. Anyone know anything about it? Also, would have to find spinner too? 

And:

Anyone install wing landing lights with 337 or STC in a pre-J with Mooney supplied parts?

Just curious.

still not flying F..

• Like 1

Still wanting Dave’s cowl but saw a ARI on eBay in the Houston area. Anyone know anything about it? Also, would have to find spinner too? 

And:
Anyone install wing landing lights with 337 or STC in a pre-J with Mooney supplied parts?
Just curious.

still not flying F..

Talk to John Breda about the wings lights.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 11/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, Captnmack said:

And:

Just curious.

still not flying F..

I had the ARI enclosure on mine before I did my cowling mod. It was a very early one and it had some issues. I believe the current enclosure is much better and certainly improves the look of the older Mooney. 

David

11 hours ago, Captnmack said:

Hey Dave,

How’s the progress on your cowl? Would like to talk to the guy selling the ARI mod but he’s tight lipped.

Mack

Hi Mack,

Slow but steady. All my shops are short on people and loaded with work. The challenges of a great economy have made me change my ordering schedule. I’m about 2 months behind on the cowling prototype but may have it in my hands this week to fit on mine and a J model. Pictures of the new cowling will be posted soon. 

Thanks,

David

• Like 1

Hi Mack,
Slow but steady. All my shops are short on people and loaded with work. The challenges of a great economy have made me change my ordering schedule. I’m about 2 months behind on the cowling prototype but may have it in my hands this week to fit on mine and a J model. Pictures of the new cowling will be posted soon. 
Thanks,
David

Sure would like to see the mock up. Will the folks at AGL be on your installer list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Sure would like to see the mock up. Will the folks at AGL be on your installer list?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Marauder,

You’ll be one of the first to get pictures! AGL Aviation is who I’m partnered with to do installations. Great people!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I’m reviving this thread. Has anyone purchased the ARI mod on eBay? I really want Dave’s cowl mod but looking at cost now as I just purchased a new (used) prop. I think it might be a good compromise but I dislike the eBay only thing? I like being able to communicate with folks. 

Mack

6 hours ago, Captnmack said:

I’m reviving this thread. Has anyone purchased the ARI mod on eBay? I really want Dave’s cowl mod but looking at cost now as I just purchased a new (used) prop. I think it might be a good compromise but I dislike the eBay only thing? I like being able to communicate with folks. 

Mack

In lieu of mine, I’d recommend the LASAR lower enclosure. It’s easy to install and you won’t have issues with it in the future. Also you don’t have to do the EBay thing.

David

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captnmack said:

Mack

Why not click the “Ask seller a question” option on eBay to start communication with ARI?

1 hour ago, Sabremech said:

In lieu of mine, I’d recommend the LASAR lower enclosure. It’s easy to install and you won’t have issues with it in the future. Also you don’t have to do the EBay thing.

David

Definitely the most bang for the buck for less than $500 and the easiest/fastest installation.  But when I get tired of mine, I'll install David's mod.

IMG_0770.JPG

On 12/8/2018 at 8:17 AM, takair said:

Why not click the “Ask seller a question” option on eBay to start communication with ARI?

Rob, 

You were easy to communicate with and have a website. It’s not that I don’t or have never purchased on eBay, in fact, that’s where I bought my Mooney! eBay has too many hurdles in just trying to actually talk to someone. I know the ARI mod has been around for a while but is this the same guy? 

Mack

On 12/8/2018 at 9:17 AM, Andy95W said:

Definitely the most bang for the buck for less than $500 and the easiest/fastest installation.  But when I get tired of mine, I'll install David's mod.

IMG_0770.JPG

Andy,

I actually have the mod in my collection of mods to do. I think the ARI looks slightly better. I really want Dave’s!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captnmack said:

Rob, 

You were easy to communicate with and have a website. It’s not that I don’t or have never purchased on eBay, in fact, that’s where I bought my Mooney! eBay has too many hurdles in just trying to actually talk to someone. I know the ARI mod has been around for a while but is this the same guy? 

Mack

I was just looking and it is odd that the website is down.  Also odd that nobody here has chimed in with knowledge, so you are right to be cautious.  Not sure of the history of who owns the STC now.  

How is the plane coming along?

39 minutes ago, takair said:

I was just looking and it is odd that the website is down.  Also odd that nobody here has chimed in with knowledge, so you are right to be cautious.  Not sure of the history of who owns the STC now.  

Rob,

I would like to say fantastic progress but that’s not the case. I DID get it moved into a nice Hangar if that counts...Currently I am still collecting parts and stuff, just bought a prop to replace my current one that was at TBO. So once I get some other non-Aviation projects under control perhaps I can resume or start progress!

4 hours ago, takair said:

I would chime in as I bought one, but I have been indefinitely banned from the site because I am perceived as a bully.  Good luck solving your mystery.  Adios Mooneyspace.

I didn’t quit Anthony.  You and the thought police expelled me...

-MyNameISNobody

Sorry to see you have to go, Scott...

I’m pretty sure I am unable to expel anyone. I haven’t blocked anyone either...

Last I checked, MS is about inclusion.  It allows for people that boast to fly slow, heavy, and inefficient planes... It even includes people that don’t have a plane, And openly welcomes people that just show up unannounced...

Nobody advises me of anyone getting expelled, or shut-off, or turned away...

Your ability to stay or go is in your own hands.

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, gsxrpilot said:

If anyone wanted to bring back the SWTA Cowl, I'm sure the STC, tools, molds, etc. could be had for a very reasonable price.

Didn't the tooling for both the cowl closure & 201 windshield get damaged or something?