Rocket engineering support update

M016576

9 hours ago, John Car said:

Can you post the POH updates from your conversion to the download forum?  How do you like your missle so far?

That’s not a bad idea- the STC POH manual for the missile is about 75 pages long.  I should probably scan it anyway just in case I lose my logs- I’ve scanned all the other logbooks (A/F, engine and prop).  It can’t hurt to have a digital backup, right?

I absolutely love the missile.  I’ve been flying it for about 5 years now- and I think it’s going to be my forever plane (if I’m fortunate enough to continue to be able to afford it).  I toyed with the idea of a bravo for a while, then I thought about a light Twin.  After I sat down and truly put pen to paper, though- I realized that the Missile fits all mission requirements, is the same speed in the 10-12K regime as most light twins and close to the same as the Bravo, and costs less to operate and less to maintain than both.  Someday, if I’m REALLY lucky, maybe I’ll be able to afford a TBM or Pilatus... but until then, I’m sticking with the Missile.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M016576 said:

That’s not a bad idea- the STC POH manual for the missile is about 75 pages long.  I should probably scan it anyway just in case I lose my logs- I’ve scanned all the other logbooks (A/F, engine and prop).  It can’t hurt to have a digital backup, right?

I absolutely love the missile.  I’ve been flying it for about 5 years now- and I think it’s going to be my forever plane (if I’m fortunate enough to continue to be able to afford it).  I toyed with the idea of a bravo for a while, then I thought about a light Twin.  After I sat down and truly put pen to paper, though- I realized that the Missile fits all mission requirements, is the same speed in the 10-12K regime as most light twins and close to the same as the Bravo, and costs less to operate and less to maintain than both.  Someday, if I’m REALLY lucky, maybe I’ll be able to afford a TBM or Pilatus... but until then, I’m sticking with the Missile.

If you do decide to scan and upload please post a notification.  Thank you

11 hours ago, M016576 said:

Mistake #1!!!

Putting a pen to paper in regards to a Overpowered Mooney.

thats a huge NoNo....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2019 at 8:26 PM, LANCECASPER said:

That's your Mooney Serial number. It's the 11th 252 made. The serial numbers for 252's started at 25-1000.  (The Mooney 231's ran from serial number 25-0001 to 25-0889.)

You mean the 12th 252 made.

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2018 at 6:51 PM, M016576 said:

This is a heads up for any rocket engineering STC owners that may be curious if they currently have a “supported” STC.

my Missile is in for annual- and the MSC found a crack in the exhaust stack- so they removed it.  After they removed the stack- they found that the muffler was completely trashed on the inside... 

uh oh.  

So I was more than a bit worried that the customs fabricated exhaust system would no longer be supported by rocket- particularly because they only did 43 or so rocket conversions... 

turns out my worries were unfounded.  We boxed up the exhaust and sent it to rocket- the new system should be back early next week- totally rebuilt by rocket- and in brand new condition.  

Happy to know that Rocket continues to stand by their STC!

So did it fit?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I have put my eyes on one M20K Rocket  with TSIO-520. Anyone knows of there chances to for STC and if so what the direction to hunt.

really not fan to burn double price 100LL 

For what STC?

Mogas? Not in a turbo plus the Mooney airframe can’t support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, kortopates said:

For what STC?

Mogas? Not in a turbo plus the Mooney airframe can’t support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes i mean MOGAS.   So turbo engines not been certified on mooney?

have people tried mogas without certificate? If so Whats experiences?

14 minutes ago, Juha said:

I don't think there's a Mogas STC for any Mooney, even my C. Definitely not a turbo Mooney.

High power engines, set at high power settings, will be using 100 octane fuels for a while...

Look to the experimental world to see if they are doing something differently...

High compression pistons and water cooling allow for many things that are not available in the certified world... yet.

To watch an interesting attempt at using diesel technology in a high power plane... visit YouTube and see the experiments of the Raptor Aircraft...

Raptor is currently flying... but, is bogged down with dealing with cooling issues...

Performance can be incredibly shortened by excess heat...

New technology requires lots of investment to make work... Time and Money...

Fly what’s available today... :)

Best regards,

-a- 

56 minutes ago, Juha said:

So, back In ‘86 I sumped my tank and found something that wasn’t avgas. I went to the office and showed them what was in my tank. They called the oil company and a few minuets later they called back and said they filled the tank with premium unleaded. I drained all but 10 gallons back into the underground tank. I had a customer who was waiting for me, so I crossed my fingers and flew to the next airport 5 min away. It flew fine. It was an M20F.

1 hour ago, Juha said:

Thank you of replises.  Just for curiocity.  How much is 100LL and mogas atm at us?  
Last time i were there, mogas was about 2.3$ per g

Here in europe we pay for mogas about 1.8 $ / liter and   100LL almost 3$ / liter

Gas prices here vary significantly, not just state to state but sometimes between individual stations that are within sighte of each other. Righ5 now, where I live gas has just risen to ~$2.08/gallon (3.8 liters), and avgas is holding steady at $3.59/gallon.