WTB L.H. M20C/D/E Fuel Sender

The left fuel sender of my M20C is leaking from its center, not from the gasket.   I want to replace with similar P/N AC5642354.   I see a pair for sale on Ebay but I don't need both.  Anyone have a left-hand sender they will sell?  Please PM.  Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Fred_2O said:

The left fuel sender of my M20C is leaking from its center, not from the gasket.   I want to replace with similar P/N AC5642354.   I see a pair for sale on Ebay but I don't need both.  Anyone have a left-hand sender they will sell?  Please PM.  Thanks.

Fred - show me a picture of that sender. I still  have my original senders that I pulled for the CiES. If it works, you can have it for shipping cost.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Fred,

1) there may be an OH resource for that... search using the manufacturer’s name?

2) Hello @acpartswhse and @Alan Fox... fuel sender request...

3) The latest from Ceis might be of interest... they go really well with digital engine monitors...

Best regards,

-a-

Having just written a check for full tank reseal, my inner CB is in a rage.  No way I'm paying for new senders right now.  I think Marauder is going to come to my rescue and make my inner CB smile a mile wide.

• Like 1

I'm not sure but the F uses 2 sensors, inboard and outboard, and the C uses one inboard sensor.  There maybe a difference in the resistance each has.  I would try them first.  Remove the wire on the sensor and hook it to the new sensor ground the new sensor and move it make sure fuel gauge is moving correctly between E and F

• 2 years later...

Bump. I need both fuel senders parts AC5642354 and AC5641991. I am aware of CiES but my gauges are analog and I don’t want to spend a fortune on new analog gauges while I am thinking of updating the panel in the future

2 minutes ago, lithium366 said:

Bump. I need both fuel senders parts AC5642354 and AC5641991. I am aware of CiES but my gauges are analog and I don’t want to spend a fortune on new analog gauges while I am thinking of updating the panel in the future

I have the ones I pulled from my 1965 D when I put in the EDM900 and CiES senders. I'm not sure what the part numbers are for them but likely the same as in your E. They are down at the hangar and I can send you pictures when I'm there Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Cies floats do both analog and digital... if that helps any...

useful for your current gauges, and future if you go all digital...

Best regards,

-a-

I thought they are either analog or digital. And buying analog doesn’t make financial sense to me because I might want to upgrade to digital gauges at some point. At the same time buying digital gauges will require digital gauge, too. Do you mean their sensors analog and digital in the same sensor?

1 hour ago, Skates97 said:

I have the ones I pulled from my 1965 D when I put in the EDM900 and CiES senders. I'm not sure what the part numbers are for them but likely the same as in your E. They are down at the hangar and I can send you pictures when I'm there Wednesday. 

Is your E’s SN 470 thru 831?

Just now, 0TreeLemur said:

Since I originally started this search a couple of years ago I learned that the actual senders are a DELCO p/n from 1937-1946 GM pickup trucks.   The float and float handle are different but owner fabbable.  I can PM if anyone wants to know where to get them.

Please PM me

12 minutes ago, lithium366 said:

I thought they are either analog or digital. And buying analog doesn’t make financial sense to me because I might want to upgrade to digital gauges at some point. At the same time buying digital gauges will require digital gauge, too. Do you mean their sensors analog and digital in the same sensor?

Ceis has two outputs for their floats... analog that will work with your existing gauges... and digital that will work warpath your future instrument....

The cool thing about the Cies analog output... it is even more precise than the old standard... more segments to provide a more refined output...

If interested... we have the Cies guy around here.... he can be found by putting these together... @  fuellevel....

:)

Of course... if a set of floats likes Richard’s works... do that...  economic sensability  is important to getting to the next level...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lithium366 said:

Is your E’s SN 470 thru 831?

Mine is a D, serial #255. I just pulled up the parts manual and they should be the same as the ones you are looking for. I'll send you some pictures Wednesday.

image.thumb.png.fc9d8d42ee857b5874396a9df25c0f8d.png

image.png.87a2b78235e7810f9c77dd5c4c445fc0.png

• Like 1

@fuellevel I see on your website that fuel senders are either frequency/resistance/voltage. Do you have senders that are dual output and can be used with old indicators as well as new digital ones? I need a pair for Mooney M20E 1966 SN 1215 as retrofit to use with original indicators and to be able to work with Dynon in the future

• 3 weeks later...

Well the dual use would only be digital and analog - two analog outputs are not supported at the moment.    Dynon takes an analog input.  (Talk to them - they need to join the digital fuel qty revolution).     Supporting an existing gauge would be only practical if you wanted to come to Bend OR. Or a few places in the USA that have I used our programmer.     

Note.  One day we want to make programming easier, it is on the list 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 5:51 PM, 0TreeLemur said:

Since I originally started this search a couple of years ago I learned that the actual senders are a DELCO p/n from 1937-1946 GM pickup trucks.   The float and float handle are different but owner fabbable.  I can PM if anyone wants to know where to get them.

If you are rolling your own there is a stainless Chinese copy of the sender available.   While it is not what i would do - an aviation company is remarking these for aviation use.   Google 53 Cadillac fuel sender.