GoPro Hero 5 Audio Cable

Marauder

I know a few of you are using GoPros for flight videos. I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 5 to add to my GoPro Hero 2. With the 2, I have been using a standard audio jack connection to the GoPro 2 but noticed that it only records on 1 channel from my audio panel. Have any of you purchased an audio cable for a GoPro Hero 5 and have a recommendation for one that will work with the PS Engineering stereo output?

I bought this one. Seems to work. Not cheap. Will also charge your GoPro. Costco had a good deal on the hero 5 black.
Nflightcam Audio Solution for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT3Q50Y?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Thanks. I sent them an email asking if it would support stereo from an audio panel. I did see the Costco deal and that is where I got the 5 from. Does your battery drain quickly when you are not using it? Mine sure does. Never had that issue with the GoPro 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...

@Marauder only took me 2.5 weeks to get you an answer- yes it does get stereo, although it seems that the audio goes to both L and R, but will be louder on L or R depending on the source (for example, I can hear the #1 radio louder on the left and #2 louder on the right, but I hear both radios on both sides). GoPro Hero 4 black was $50 off today in Costco...

• Like 1

[mention=9886]Marauder[/mention] only took me 2.5 weeks to get you an answer- yes it does get stereo, although it seems that the audio goes to both L and R, but will be louder on L or R depending on the source (for example, I can hear the #1 radio louder on the left and #2 louder on the right, but I hear both radios on both sides). GoPro Hero 4 black was $50 today in Costco...

Thanks. I’ll ask Santa for the cable for Christmas. I saw the Costco deal on the 5 and picked up a second one at the sale price of $179.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

ILC,

Do you have that fancy new 3D sound system?

So it sounds like one radio is coming more from the right, the other coming more from the left?

Sounds like you might... :)

Best regards,

-a-

I’m not sure how many dimensions my sound system has...normally if I’m listening to two radios #1 comes in on the left and #2 comes in on the right. With the GoPro it seems like it’s stronger on one side but you can still hear it on both. Not a big deal. Just have the garmin 750 with remote audio panel.

ILC,

This could be good news for you...

-a-

Experience 3D Audio in the GMA 350/350H and GMA 345

Advanced digital audio processing in the GMA™ 350/350H and GMA 342/345 helps “locate” the inputs coming into your headset, so there’s a spatial dimension to the sound that more closely reflects how the human ear naturally hears and responds to directional sources. When multiple Comm radio sources are monitored, they will seem to come from different locations. For example, when monitoring Comm 1 and Comm 2, Comm 1 will seem to come from the front left while Comm 2 will seem to come from the front right. Likewise, intercom audio is also separated relative to where each individual sits.

https://www.garmin.com/us/explore/intheair/how-does-3d-audio-work/

I’m not sure how many dimensions my sound system has...normally if I’m listening to two radios #1 comes in on the left and #2 comes in on the right. With the GoPro it seems like it’s stronger on one side but you can still hear it on both. Not a big deal. Just have the garmin 750 with remote audio panel.

I finally got an answer back from NFlightCam that I asked 3 weeks ago. They are saying it won’t work. Makes me wonder now what input their cable will record if I run in IntelliAudio mode.

c09d001ef4eda53c084fa0d8ee00a470.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1