Mooney M20C Purchase Air Mods

Pilotja5

I want to let everyone know, I had a terrific experience with Dave at Air Mods.  Bought a Mooney M20C from him, and had a terrific experience.  I also want to give a huge thanks to Brian at Orion Flight for the pre-buy.  Both were class acts and I would send anyone over to do business with them.  Dave took time to show us every aspect of the plane, including a check list of items he hand wrote about it and wanted us to know.  The flight was from N87 to KLWB to KEET went off rather smooth.  The plane was as advertised, great running, great airplane.  Even watched a beautiful sunset over the mountains of West Virginia.  I wanted to give kudos where needed, and I feel Dave and Brian both deserve it.  It was a pleasure.  Now time to enjoy the new Mooney, and enjoying my first Mooney purchase.  Thank you everyone for all your help!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, orionflt said:

glad Dave got you taken care of.

Brian

Thank you Brian!  You were a huge help.  Dave took care of most of the sqawks!  He complimented your thoroughness on the pre buy.  Thank you so much!  You have been terrific.

2 hours ago, Pilotja5 said:

I want to let everyone know, I had a terrific experience with Dave at Air Mods.  Bought a Mooney M20C from him, and had a terrific experience.  I also want to give a huge thanks to Brian at Orion Flight for the pre-buy.  Both were class acts and I would send anyone over to do business with them.  Dave took time to show us every aspect of the plane, including a check list of items he hand wrote about it and wanted us to know.  The flight was from N87 to KLWB to KEET went off rather smooth.  The plane was as advertised, great running, great airplane.  Even watched a beautiful sunset over the mountains of West Virginia.  I wanted to give kudos where needed, and I feel Dave and Brian both deserve it.  It was a pleasure.  Now time to enjoy the new Mooney, and enjoying my first Mooney purchase.  Thank you everyone for all your help!

Well, you make at least four Mooneys out at Shelby County now. Congrats!

I believe there are 7 or 8 now.  [mention=13770]Brandontwalker[/mention] can help answer that.  We are taking over there hahaha.  We do have several.

We have 9 as of today, but will be losing a 231 as soon as the insurance company picks it up. (Hail damage deemed a total loss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!  It is in great mechanical shape and flew from New Jersey to Alabama without a problem.  Watched a beautiful sunset at West Virginia!  That group is a top notch group!  Great team there!

I’ve used Dave and crew the last couple of annuals. Dave also installed my lower cowl enclosure and did the annual back in 1995 when he was based at Englishtown.

If you pull up to their shop at Robbinsville, there is a little culture shock when you see the shoddy building they are in. Fortunately their reputation and quality of work overrides the visual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotja5 said:

I agree!  It is in great mechanical shape and flew from New Jersey to Alabama without a problem.  Watched a beautiful sunset at West Virginia!  That group is a top notch group!  Great team there!

Howdy, neighbor! Somehow I missed that "Shelby County" reference in your avatar.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

If you pull up to their shop at Robbinsville, there is a little culture shock when you see the shoddy building they are in. Fortunately their reputation and quality of work overrides the visual.

I almost bought 252PB from Dave. When I went to look at the plane, I drove past the place a couple of times. I couldn't believe they were in such a shit hole. But once inside the shop, you immediately new, these guys know Mooneys!  There was a certain Rocket in the shop at that time with the wings all opened up... and an awesome 4 blade prop on the nose.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pilotja5 said:

Howdy!  No worries.  I am here in sweet home Alabama.  I see you are in Eclectic.  Where is your plane based?

I'm at 41A, just across the river from work.

Wish there was somewhere decent to meet for lunch, but the only place I know around here with food in walking distance is Eufala [KEUF], and they don't serve breakfast on weekends. Anything up your way?

Edited by Hank

I'm at 41A, just across the river from work.
Wish there was somewhere decent to meet for lunch, but the only place I know around here with food in walking distance is Eufala [KEUF], and they don't serve breakfast on weekends. Anything up your way?

How about catfish in Monroeville? Shrimp at Lulu’s at JKA? Burgers at The Hangar at KEKY? Propwash Cafe in Cullman? Pick one and we can do a Bama Mooney roundup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk