Mac 1700

David_H

One of the  KX-170B’s currently installed in the panel has a scratchy and intermittent volume knob. As crazy as it sounds with all the newer panels, I wouldn’t mind being able to slide a Mac1700 into the 170B slot to have a flip-flop radio. If I can’t find one of them, and the current radio can’t be repaired, I may need to find a donor KX 170B. 

Anyone know of anything out there?

They are out there. I had one before it was a great radio. The face to be bought for about 100 bucks from JA air center when it wears out. Anyway about 500 bucks is the going rate. The KX170B has got to probably be the best aircraft Radio ever made and the digital face gives you flip-flop capability  and all that. I don’t have panel space when I refreshed mine so I went with an SL 30

Highly recommend you talk to Bevan Rabel regarding repair of your Bendix King radio. They have a guy that specializes in them and they are very good at diagnosing and doing even component (resistor, capacitor, etc.) level repairs and replacements. They were recommended to me for this purpose by two other folks and my experience with them definitely exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk