Now that Brittain is back will Accu-Flite be listed with G5?

It should work just fine. You might want to try a field approval.

FInd an IA to work with. Put together a package with the current G5 install manual, the accuflight install manual and then make a drawing of how you intend to wire it. Submit it to the IAs principal inspector. He will send a letter saying if he will approve it and if not why.

If he gives you a thumbs up then go ahead and install it and send the 337 to him and he will approve it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McMooney said:

Send Brittain a message, they have G5 connection drawings

Yes.  I have the drawing that Brown provided.  Hoping someone else already did the “work”.  We have a processing DG that is annoying on a 2 hour flight.  Can buy a refurbished unit for $800 vs. more than triple that for the G5 w/required accessories installed.  Probably should do the refurbed unit for cost savings ease of install (swap).  Spend the savings on an ARI cowl closure...  :)

ARI cowl closure purchased today.  Cost point where I/we needed to be vs. the better solution in Sabre’s cowl.  We will have prop off at annual for re-seal/etc so time was right to do cowl closure.  Got a refurbed DG with heading bug $.8 AMU’s and the ARI for $1.5AMU’s so about the price of a G5 for the two.

I/We will have a cowl plug and a laser lower cowl closure available in February...PM me if interested.

1 hour ago, McMooney said:

sorry $961 plus another $115 or so for the landing light cover?  

where do I find the additional charge for the stc ?https://www.aeroresourcesinc.com/product_category/product_detail/55

That link is not working on my pad.

• 1 year later...

I have 2 G5 ,  replaced both DG and  AI ,   connected to GNS 400w. 

Heading bug works great with Accuflight,      Accutrack nulls at 2 degrees left of Garmin course.  VORs do the same thing.  ....  So I need some adjustment. 

intercept is not effective.   If you get on the 2 deg to the right of course and flip it on it will help you stay there.    If accutrack in on and you turn on the accuflight to use heading bug to assist as others have posted,,  it starts a left turn.  turn it off and back to tracking course.   turn off the accutrak and heading bug works fine.  

Frankly I can do a much better job of intercepting by hand or with the heading bug than the accutrak.    

anyone know of user manuals or install/calibration manuals for accutrak accuflight?

DC

1 hour ago, DOCCOUNTRY said:

I have 2 G5 ,  replaced both DG and  AI ,   connected to GNS 400w. 

Heading bug works great with Accuflight,      Accutrack nulls at 2 degrees left of Garmin course.  VORs do the same thing.  ....  So I need some adjustment. 

intercept is not effective.   If you get on the 2 deg to the right of course and flip it on it will help you stay there.    If accutrack in on and you turn on the accuflight to use heading bug to assist as others have posted,,  it starts a left turn.  turn it off and back to tracking course.   turn off the accutrak and heading bug works fine.  

Frankly I can do a much better job of intercepting by hand or with the heading bug than the accutrak.    

anyone know of user manuals or install/calibration manuals for accutrak accuflight?

DC

Download section has many of the manuals.