Panel/aircraft pics requested

oregon87

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Xxxx,

Trying to keep things in perspective...

the EI guy is here to help...

If you ask him a specific question, he is pretty good at giving specific answers...

I am doing the best I can to follow your request, but 106 pages of an install manual didn’t exactly help.

And page six, is about page 14 in the file... and clearly describes the use of EI passwords...

I think the last time we attacked a supplier (a guy named Trek), we found it more difficult to find Trek afterwards...

Be assured beating up the supplier, attacking the vendor, are not usually the intent of the MSer...  

Putting in some extra effort may be required, to not come off like an attacker...

Making statements of being in line with a competitor is helpful to who, how?

MS is supposed to be helpful to Mooney pilots and owners...

Some of us use EI, some use JPI, some use both...  keeping our suppliers here is a benefit.

Last I checked, our JPI guy stopped visiting...

Lets try to not drive off the EI guy...

Best regards,

-a-

If he is serious and here to help he should know his installation manual like the back of his hand! Based on this thread and the  manner by which oregon87 has handled it I’m reluctant to spend any money on EI. JPI is still the gold standard. Keeping suppliers here is a benefit as long as they’re helpful. 

Edited by m20kmooney

Nameless poster that has been here for years,

Expecting perfection from everybody all the time is going to lead to a certain level of disappointment...

it wasn’t a test of his corporate book knowledge...

things get lost in interpretation of posts that are written on a small phone with things posted in haste... 

Should we pass blame to the poster?

Where is the value in shooting the messenger?

Using this knowledge argument is like inviting the smart guys to blast the less knowing guys each time...

in a similar fashion as the long body guys blasting the short body guys for some believed reason...

if every post starts with I fly a turbo Mooney and I’m better than you attitude, things fall apart quickly...

you probably remember this from early flight training.  Ever been asked how many hours do you have?

keeping up with bad attitude towards people can leave you in a very lonely room.

Dont see my point?  I get it...

Did you notice, Oregon isn’t really his name.  I don’t see any contact info either...

lets toss another barb in his general direction and see if anything changes...?

I’m pretty sure we can do better.

People don’t come to MS to throw barbs...

There are better places with colorful web names for that...

...and if JPI defines the gold standard...

is that the equipment that lights up like a Christmas tree during the T/O run?

Or the customer relations group that isn’t on MS anywhere... or the group that doesn’t supply answers to their install problems...

Do you need some threads for those particular details..?

remember...

Tradition around here is to maintain some level of respect for one another.  When things go awry, the thread gets blocked...

Sending a pm is a much better alternative route...

best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

This is an enjoyable place to be for many of us. And the quality knowledge that is shared here has been invaluable for so many of us. But we've got no time and no room for haters around here. The "ignore user" option is a good place to start. Just mouse over the members username and chose "ignore user" from the pop-up box. There are more than enough quality contributors here, dropping a few who contribute nothing is easy.

2043529744_ScreenShot2018-11-21at4_32_31PM.thumb.png.538d334087eff1db1f7a65cb6518a4a0.png

• Like 1

Carusoam.   No body attacked anybody!  Only comparing actual features between units before I make a decision which unit I prefer.  Entirely fact based questions.   I never said one was better than the other. And what is wrong with that?  I would not want to purchase a unit and find out later the installation manual was correct.   He seemed appreciative that I pointed out the discrepancy and said he would work on getting the manual changed. A real plus from a sales person as far as I am concerned. 

Edited by Gary0747
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary0747 said:

Carusoam.   No body attacked anybody!  Only comparing actual features between units before I make a decision which unit I prefer.  Entirely fact based questions.   I never said one was better than the other. And what is wrong with that?  I would not want to purchase a unit and find out later the installation manual was correct.   He seemed appreciative that I pointed out the discrepancy and said he would work on getting the manual changed. A real plus from a sales person as far as I am concerned. 

I’m 99.9% sure -a- wasn’t referring to you :)- your questions were fair, answered by the rep fairly, and had the potential to help other readers find out just how impressive the EI units are while clearing up any possible confusion.  

If you re-read the thread, you might see where there are more subjective posts by others, that don’t provide the same value as your own.

Edited by M016576
  • Like 3