L-39 or other fighter jet rides?

Hey everyone, it’s always been my father’s dream to take a ride in a fighter jet. Just wondered if anyone would have a reference to an outfit or an owner that would be willing to give him a ride in an L-39 or similar jet aircraft on the east coast? Was really hoping to do this for him for his birthday in November or sometime soon if possible. Also I am already aware of some companies but the price is a bit high so I would love to find someone with better knowledge 

Thanks in advance for any help!

I sent a friend down to Larry Salganek in Santa Fe a few years ago, and he hasn't stopped talking about how amazing it was. 

I haven't personally done an L-39 demo flight, but I've seen them on the ramp and in the pattern at KSAF for years and it's pretty impressive stuff. 

Not east coast, but fwiw..

2 hours ago, SuperPilot said:

Hey everyone, it’s always been my father’s dream to take a ride in a fighter jet. Just wondered if anyone would have a reference to an outfit or an owner that would be willing to give him a ride in an L-39 or similar jet aircraft on the east coast? Was really hoping to do this for him for his birthday in November or sometime soon if possible. Also I am already aware of some companies but the price is a bit high so I would love to find someone with better knowledge 

No one on the East coast I’m aware of, but I would give Nate a call at Code One Aviation in Rockford, IL.  They have one of the highest concentration of L-39 instructors and subject matter experts in the nation.  They offer the abbreviated and full ground schools for a type rating in the jet, as well as a wide variety of services.  Very nice people to work with, and they love working with people interested in learning more about the jet.

Steve

SuperPilot,

Did you mention where on the East coast you and the dad are?

I would expect that might be the next question somebody has in mind...

Florida seems to have many of the interesting aircraft opportunities on the East coast...

Good luck with your search.

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, SuperPilot said:

Not sure where you’re located, but here is one on my home field. CYKF  Waterloo WarBirds has a variety of vintage jet, DH Vampire, L-29, Mig 15, T-33.

http://waterloowarbirds.com/Store

Clarence 

I know a few jet warbirds guys. Most of them would love to fly more often. But even for wealthy owners the fuel bills are painful.

If you just reached out to registered owners in your area and offered some Jet A you would probably find a ride pretty quickly. Besides, these guys all know each other and if their plane isn’t good to go they will know who’s is. 

4 minutes ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

Many of these jet warbirds are licensed as Experimental Exhibition and they are not permitted to give rides or make impromptu flights.

Each Experimental Exhibition aircraft has its own specific authorization limits listed in its FAA authorization.  

You are absolutely correct. But rides happen...

It is a lot easier if the ridee is a pilot. Then you can say it is a training flight.

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/28/2018 at 9:23 AM, Jerry 5TJ said:

Many of these jet warbirds are licensed as Experimental Exhibition and they are not permitted to give rides or make impromptu flights.

Each Experimental Exhibition aircraft has its own specific authorization limits listed in its FAA authorization.  

Not exactly correct. Our training radius from home base is 600 NM’s and we can train as much as we like inside that radius called out in our operating limitations. If we go outside of that radius or for other purposes than training, then we need to notify the FAA of our destination and purpose of the flight 24 hours in advance. We can’t sell rides, but seats can be filled as long as the operating limitations are followed. 

Edited by Sabremech
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...