Looking for electric split bendix yoke trim switch

kj2016

Expect the asking price to be very high...

Most directly, you should be able to get it from your MSC...

It is probably originally supplied by your AP manufacturer...

Is it a BK or Garmin Autopilot?

The BK switch is known to fail after a decade or two...

Fortunately, it is made up of a couple micro switches underneath... getting the broken micro switch swapped out may be all that is needed...

Which function of the switch has failed?

PP thoughts only not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

3 hours ago, kj2016 said:

Hi I have Ovation 3 but my electric trim switch has gone bad. Wondering if someone knows where to get this switch. Thank you

I had the same thing happen on an Ovation 2 (converted to a 3) that I owned. The people at Central Texas Avioics in Georgetown TX rebuilt mine for me. There are three separate switches inside that assembly and some metal springs. They had the airplane about three hours and it worked perfectly after that. It was under $500 parts and labor.

I just got a Bendix King replacement switch for my Ovation 2 from my Mooney Service Center.  New switches are very expensive.  I believe the part number is 200-01902-0000.  LASAR apparently has them in stock as do some others, for example, Cessnaparts.com.  At the latter, the price is about $1100.  Installation requires some skill as jumpers must be added and soldering is required in the airplane with short leads.  Mine lasted 13 years.

I bought the three little switches to repair my trim switch several years ago..  It seems like I paid less than$50 for all three.  They are a pain to solder though due to small size and tight fitting.  I don’t remember the part numbers but I believe I found the part number on the side of the existing switches.  Lee