1969 M20E Interior Center Nose Wheel Cover

Bob R

Hi All,

Does anyone have a handle of where one of these plastic covers can be found? I have tried Plastic Plane part and they did not seem to have it. This piece fits forward of the trip and also contains the trim and flap indicators. I am also looking for anyone familiar with this model who knows about the trim indicator cable and how it works? I realize it starts (or stops) at the indicator and runs back to tail where it attaches. I just do not want to tear everything apart to get to it. I am thinking (since it was working right before I put in a new S-Tech style trim switch) that it may have become unattached at the point it attached to the trim at the tail. Any help would be appreciated. Almost back together and the 0 time engine will be here next week. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Wow!! That's the one. Makes me sad to recount the many hours I have invested trying to fabricate one in various materials. :blink: I was just considering having one made out of sheet metal or aluminum. Since you are in Lakeport (Great Bass Fishing in the #3 lake in the nation), Are you at the airport? I can possibly pick it up on Tuesday but more likely Wednesday if that works for you . Might be some other pieces I need as well. Regardless, how much do you need for it? Thank you for the response by the way and feel free to call me if you like.

Bob, 916-995-7811

On 10/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, Bob R said:

Hi All,

Does anyone have a handle of where one of these plastic covers can be found? I have tried Plastic Plane part and they did not seem to have it. This piece fits forward of the trip and also contains the trim and flap indicators. I am also looking for anyone familiar with this model who knows about the trim indicator cable and how it works? I realize it starts (or stops) at the indicator and runs back to tail where it attaches. I just do not want to tear everything apart to get to it. I am thinking (since it was working right before I put in a new S-Tech style trim switch) that it may have become unattached at the point it attached to the trim at the tail. Any help would be appreciated. Almost back together and the 0 time engine will be here next week. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

The trim position indicator is a small push pull cable which connects to the trim stop in the belly directly below the trim wheel.  You’ll have to removed the belly panel in that area to find it. The cable is secured in the stop with a very small Allen set screw.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

Thank you Clarence. Started looking yesterday but did not go far enough back because I did not see the cable through the battery compartment cover. Headed out there today and my bet says I pulled it out accidentally.

Bob

I have some information about that part.  I made a fiberglass version with a J model trim and flap indicator.  I think you can see it in my profile pictures.  If not, I can send you a pic.  My e-mail is john.breda@gmail.com, cell phone (617) 877-0025.

Thanks,

John Breda

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2018 at 11:32 AM, M20F-1968 said:

I have some information about that part.  I made a fiberglass version with a J model trim and flap indicator.  I think you can see it in my profile pictures.  If not, I can send you a pic.  My e-mail is john.breda@gmail.com, cell phone (617) 877-0025.

Thanks,

John Breda

Hi John, I did get that cover from Paul but it just seems to be a bit short in a few areas. I am looking for alternatives and hoping you might be able to help.

Bob 9167082929