Brand new Bravo owner with Monroy fuel question

Knuckledragger00

33 minutes ago, carusoam said:

One of the small details you can see from the outside on a fiki plane...

The ice light pointing towards the leading edge...

@carusoam, so you're saying that the light is only on the FIKI airplanes? I may need to do some research, as I have that light on mine but I don't believe mine's certified FIKI.

Cheers,
Rick

7 hours ago, Junkman said:

@carusoam, so you're saying that the light is only on the FIKI airplanes? I may need to do some research, as I have that light on mine but I don't believe mine's certified FIKI.

Cheers,
Rick

Any TKS airplanes have an ice light.

I think it would make sense as Mooney is making airplanes to put the ice light on all production airplanes. It can't cost much if you put it on all airplanes. Even if you don't have TKS it would be nice to light up the leading edge just to make sure you aren't picking anything up in the clouds.

The basic TKS system doesn’t need much to work...

But to qualify for fiki it has a few things to back-up it’s basic skill... like a second pump and a second alternator...

See if I can dig up the list...

Best regards,

-a-

From the CAV site...

Fiki...

https://www.caviceprotection.com/products-services/ice-protection-systems/mooney-m20-fiki

Mooney Fiki system. unfortunately no super detail about the system differences...

non-fiki...

https://www.caviceprotection.com/products-services/ice-protection-systems/mooney-m20

We have a TKS guy...

@CAV Ice Protection for questions about Mooney anti-ice systems...

Best regards,

-a-

40 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Any TKS airplanes have an ice light.

I think it would make sense as Mooney is making airplanes to put the ice light on all production airplanes. It can't cost much if you put it on all airplanes. Even if you don't have TKS it would be nice to light up the leading edge just to make sure you aren't picking anything up in the clouds.

I had a discussion with Lee Drumheller at the Summit about the Ovation Ultra he had brought, and that the ultras always have an LED ice light with or without TKS. 

FIKI, has dual pumps, dual alternators, stall heat protection, ice light. 

• Like 1