Mooney number 6 hard to believe

Robert Sailor

I was a Mooney nut about 40 years ago and I owned 2 Bonanza's, 2- 210's and a Super Viking but I kept coming back to Mooney's and im at an age that this will likely be my last aircraft and I figured what the hell, buy another Mooney. As long as the prebuy doesn't go sideways, which it likely won't as it's a real clean aircraft. Anyways this is a great site, I've learned lots going back on old threads and im looking forward to flying my favorite little speedster again. Cheers!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Robert Sailor said:

I'm getting notifications but I don't know how to retrieve anything??? When I click on notifications the person's user name comes up but there is no message??? I'm sure I'm s brewing up but not sure what to do with them...anyone help me?

Those are people who "liked" your post. Touch the heart in the bottom right of someone's post, there will be several choices. In your first post above, looks like 4 people liked it, but it only shows 3 names "and one other." There should also be a red number at the top of your screen on the bell, which counts people who like your posts, those who Quote it and Replies like this one. The envelope beside it is for Private Messages, which you can send by touching someone's avatar and choosing it. 

I also welcome you aboard, and salute your choice of the C model. I really enjoy mine!

• Like 1

My first Mooney was a C and then 3 E's and one F. One of the E's was a quick flip so it hardly counts. It was a long time ago and while I'd like to say the C was my favorite I really liked all of them equally. I also have a real cute Piper Pacer which I was trying to relive my past in so it's been fun.

Thanks for the welcomes....your site is a wonderful source of information. You guys should be proud.

I'm in the prebuy stage so when it's finalized I'll post a few pics. It certainly has tons of gear compared to my old ones.

Robert:

That puts you in BC.  Welcome back to the "Fellowship of the Mooney."  Have you ever considered flying the Mooney Caravan?  Long haul, I know, from either the interior or the lower mainland, but our Caravan lead this year was from Okotoks.

Robert, there is one downside to owning a C which is particular to Mooneyspace.  You need to be aware that you will not be able to participate in all the threads about how hard it is to start the IO-360.

That darn C just starts and runs too easily to be of any interest.  :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ned,

I have to admit I Googled your caravan because I didn't know what it was. It so happens that we do plan on flying to Oshkosh this coming year. I've been flying for more than 50 years and I've never made it down there but all things being equal this coming year it's going to happen.It would be fun to meet other Mooney guys enroute but its probably a long shot from Vancouver Island.

Mooneymite,

Yes for sure hot starts can be a pain in the IO-360 but with the right technique it happens. Never quite as easy as the O360 but the E and F guys can put good injectors in and operate lean of peak, burn less fuel and still probably pass us so they do have certain advantages especially on the carb icing side. It's all good though, they are all great aircraft and nothing produced is anymore bullet proof than a Lycoming O-360.

• Like 2