The Missile gets a facelift

M016576

Pickup day has finally arrived, and I couldn't be more pleased! 

After several years of saying "maybe I'll get it done this year..." I finally bit the bullet, and committed.  It turned out even better than I had imagined. 

Sadly, the lighting wasn't the best today for pictures, the blue appears very dark in some of the photos, but, you guys will get the drift....

Before and after included....

post-11721-0-02732600-1380109296.jpg

IMG_1109.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

• Like 11

Nice Job!

As you know I recently went through the same after having owned this airplane in its old paint job for quite a number of years.

Somehow getting her painted is like moving in and deciding you are going to stay for a while - to keep her for a while longer, eh?  Which is a lovely feeling.  I was just in the hangar today doing a grounds op inspection of my tks running to make sure all panels are working.  And admire the paint....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Nice Job!

As you know I recently went through the same after having owned this airplane in its old paint job for quite a number of years.

Somehow getting her painted is like moving in and deciding you are going to stay for a while - to keep her for a while longer, eh?  Which is a lovely feeling.  I was just in the hangar today doing a grounds op inspection of my tks running to make sure all panels are working.  And admire the paint....

Hah!  Well... let me put it this way... I bought a new case for my iPhone 7 two weeks ago, telling myself that with the new case, it would keep me from considering buying the new iPhones that’s just came out.....but....My IPhone Xr will be here next week.

i will day this, though- the full strip, etch and paint process for my Mooney is a bit more of a commitment than that iPhone case was!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, M016576 said:

Hah!  Well... let me put it this way... I bought a new case for my iPhone 7 two weeks ago, telling myself that with the new case, it would keep me from considering buying the new iPhones that’s just came out.....but....My IPhone Xr will be here next week.

i will day this, though- the full strip, etch and paint process for my Mooney is a bit more of a commitment than that iPhone case was!

And me too.  My iPhone case on my 7 wore out.  SO I too bought a new case...

But then on my laptop I spilled coffee and it died a horrible wet, short circuited death, so I bought a new laptop.  But the case cleaned up just fine...so now I have a new laptop in the old case.

There must be some wisdom in this story but its above me so please let me know.

E

27 minutes ago, Mooney in Oz said:

That is one beautiful and impressive looking Mooney.

It looks like you also have TKS - a very capable J.

Please tell me it lives in a hangar.

The TKS has been a nice safety feature.  And it does live in a hangar!

• Like 2

I love the paint look so don't take this the wrong way.  When I first saw it, with the color and design,  I thought it kind of looks like a cross between a killer whale and the old Sea World logo.  If you don't already have a good nickname for her, I would suggest Shamu.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

I love the paint look so don't take this the wrong way.  When I first saw it, with the color and design,  I thought it kind of looks like a cross between a killer whale and the old Sea World logo.  If you don't already have a good nickname for her, I would suggest Shamu.

Shamu!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

"The name is"Dalton"! Cue close ups.

The nickname is Missile :)

10 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

I was in the Navy for several years- that’s probably why I’m so fond of Blue and Gold (also my alma mater’s colors)... so it’s only fitting that I’d innately select a sea borne style, I suppose!  Ever see a Killer Whale fly at 190KTAS?  You have now!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, M016576 said:

I was in the Navy for several years- that’s probably why I’m so fond of Blue and Gold (also my alma mater’s colors)... so it’s only fitting that I’d innately select a sea borne style, I suppose!  Ever see a Killer Whale fly at 190KTAS?  You have now!

Nothing wrong with Blue and Gold...

• Like 1